Match Thread: CONCACAF U-20 - Group Stage - Canada v Cuba - June 18, 2022 - 8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT

narduch

2 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Is it just down to the coach if we’ve had so many coaches? Could it be that there are other problems?

There's a ton of problems with how we prepare for youth tournaments, I.E we don't. They did one camp and thought they were golden.

The talent we have shouldn't be struggling like this. Embarrassing as usual from the coaching staff. Biello was horrendous with how he managed talent at the U23 tournament, and now here as well. 

I honestly now believe Biello is a fraud. I wanted to like and support him so much but Jesus Christ two tourneys in a row where we look so unimpressive. That shit show against Haiti U23 was also embarrassing and seared into my brain too.

5 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

I thought we’d beat Cuba, but I’ve followed this program long enough to know that qualification is very unlikely.

Im not sure where all the optimism was coming from with some of my fellow V’s. 

Cuba are a particular bogey team for us.

The enthusiasm comes from the fact we qualified for the World Cup.

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

Youth tournaments are always unpredictable but when I saw the roster I thought it would take something special for us to qualify. There’s nothing particularly good about this squad IMO.

That’s just pure bs, we are miles above them talent wise. But the rest was gross.