Match Thread: CONCACAF U-20 - Group Stage - Canada v Cuba - June 18, 2022 - 8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT

narduch

1 minute ago, Soccerpro2 said:

I watch Catavalo on a weekly basis, the man isn’t going to be putting this team on his back.

Poku is fine.

I’ll take the guy who made the bench a whole lot in a top 5 league this season and has looked pretty strong compared to some of his peers in the first half. If that’s interesting, then sure.

Yeah, but what you said was non-sensical.  You want a deep-lying defensive midfielder to put in an individual effort that will single-handedly win the game?  Makes no sense.  No matter how good he is, he'll need finishing up front. 

If you had said Assi or Habibullah or Wright or someone else in a position to do what Buchanan did, then maybe you have something.  We'll see.

Just now, El Hombre said:

Yeah, but what you said was non-sensical.  You want a deep-lying defensive midfielder to put in an individual effort that will single-handedly win the game?  Makes no sense.  No matter how good he is, he'll need finishing up front. 

If you had said Assi or Habibullah or Wright or someone else in a position to do what Buchanan did, then maybe you have something.  We'll see.

Smith has to be an offensive player in order to standout during this tournament and establish himself with the senior team?

I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

2 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Smith has to be an offensive player in order to standout during this tournament and establish himself with the senior team?

I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

I'm having the same problem with your last six posts.

Did you see what Buchanan did during the Olympic qualifiers?  Y'know the thing you just referenced that you want Smith to do?  

4 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I'm having the same problem with your last six posts.

Did you see what Buchanan did during the Olympic qualifiers?  Y'know the thing you just referenced that you want Smith to do?  

Can you show me where I said he had to score goals and win games on his own and be an offensive threat? 

I said it would be nice if he emerged this tournament the way Tajon did. Can a defensive player emerge from a tournament with really strong play? Is that not possible?

You seem to be arguing against a point that was never made. It’s very strange.

1 minute ago, Soccerpro2 said:

I love it when people resort to insults when it’s objectively obvious that they were wrong. Stay classy and never change.

34 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Your right, the team looks great. Everything looks perfect out there. 
you’d fit in great at the CSA.

Just now, El Hombre said:

The difference is I wasn’t wrong when I posted that, you very clearly were.

Feel free to quote my other posts and show me where I said Smith had to take over the game offensively the way Tajon did. I’ll wait. Oh wait, deflect, deflect, deflect.