Match Thread: CONCACAF U-20 - Group Stage - Canada v Cuba - June 18, 2022 - 8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT

narduch

1 minute ago, Shway said:

Lol…clearly you don’t know who’s who.

CPLs - Poku, and Catavolo has looked good.
MLSNextPro player is Hugo mbongue, and he hasn’t gotten any service. 
Campagna hasnt been noticeable, which isn’t bad defensively.

Your right, the team looks great. Everything looks perfect out there. 
you’d fit in great at the CSA.

We haven't looked good for most of the last half hour, too many mistakes, giving away possession easily, it looks real hot there which is probably helping an athletic Cuban side used to playing in heat!I am not going to write us off just yet, we should have the quality to get back in this but it is mostly poor so far!

1 minute ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Hopefully Justin Smith can emerge as a strong player for the Canadian program the way that Tajon Buchanon did at the last Olympic qualifying.

That’s a realistic hope for this team.

So, you malign players playing day-in, day-out for CPL (Poku, Catavolo) or MLS Next Pro (Mbongue) but pin all your hopes on someone who plays for Nice B?

Interesting.

Just now, El Hombre said:

So, you malign players playing day-in, day-out for CPL (Poku, Catavolo) or MLS Next Pro (Mbongue) but pin all your hopes on someone who plays for Nice B?

Interesting.

I watch Catavalo on a weekly basis, the man isn’t going to be putting this team on his back.

Poku is fine.

I’ll take the guy who made the bench a whole lot in a top 5 league this season and has looked pretty strong compared to some of his peers in the first half. If that’s interesting, then sure.

Getting this competition correct could set us up for a few years of massive growth and learning for our players and program leading into 2026 with U20 World Cup, Olympics, etc. After qualification for our Senior team, this should have been a significant focus. It doesn’t feel like it has been and that may end up being a missed opportunity IMO.