Concacaf Nations League Match #2: Honduras v Canada - Monday, 13 June, 7 pm PT / 10 pm ET - San Pedro Sula

narduch

I couldn't easily find the answer to this question: if we win our group and advance to the semis, how are the pairings in the semis decided?  Is it by FIFA ranking?  Or performance in the group stage?  Or some other way that guarantees that US-Mex don't meet until the finals?

24 minutes ago, Addona said:

I couldn't easily find the answer to this question: if we win our group and advance to the semis, how are the pairings in the semis decided?  Is it by FIFA ranking?  Or performance in the group stage?  Or some other way that guarantees that US-Mex don't meet until the finals?

We are all not naive enough to think it will be this.  

42 minutes ago, Addona said:

In the 2019/2020 addition, #1-4 ranking were based on performance in the group stage.

That's right. They ranked the 4 group winners based on the group stage. 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3. If group winners were tied on total points, the first tiebreak was goal differential, then number of goals scored.

Panama drew today in Martinique, so the Group B winner will not have maximum points from the group stage. There could be other group winners that don't as well, but as of right now, it's still possible for the Group A, C, and D winner to each have 4 wins.

Edited by Neil R.

1 minute ago, MtlMario said:

After making a few adjustments to the crystal ball (from the last prediction) this is a 3-1 game for the good guys.

Mario I think the crystal ball is playing word games with you. To Hondurans the players on team Honduras are the good guys.

22 minutes ago, Shway said:

If you're a betting man:
- Canada to have first half result
- Canada to win by 2+ goals
- Both teams to not score 
+400

If you’re a betting man, Vegas is paying out 3.30 for a Davies anytime goal- the same as they’re paying out for a Brym goal, and less than a Hoilett goal. 

they’re also offering 6x payout if Koleosho scores….

Sam Adekugbe anytime goal at 17x payout might be worth a flyer….

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

If you’re a betting man, Vegas is paying out 3.30 for a Davies anytime goal- the same as they’re paying out for a Brym goal, and less than a Hoilett goal. 

they’re also offering 6x payout if Koleosho scores….

Sam Adekugbe anytime goal at 17x payout might be worth a flyer….

If I’m a betting man I’d stay far away from that Koleosho bet.. seeing as he went home a while ago 😉 

4 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

If I’m a betting man I’d stay far away from that Koleosho bet.. seeing as he went home a while ago 😉 

*crashes glass*

is that koleosho’s music????

I just meant that this game is so obscure to betmakers that they haven’t even bothered moving up Davies’ goal odds after his brace, nor did they remove Koleosho from the odds despite him not even being in the country, they’re giving Brym, a guy who should probably have 10:1 odds to see the pitch, let alone score a goal, the same odds to score a goal as our best player, just because someone looked at his club goal tally. Some good opportunities to make a couple bucks from catching the bookies lacking

On 6/10/2022 at 8:12 AM, Floortom said:

Thats Honduras' worst squad in a while and they were terrible during WCQs.

Wonder if Herdman goes with the A lineup again or experiments a bit

Came to make a similar observation, they are missing a number of key guys: Najar, Elis, Acosta, Lozano... also unsure if they can adequately replace vets like Leveron, Figueroa, and Boniek. Looks like they are using this the NL to figure out the next phase, but their results against Curacao were very meh. Have to wonder where their program goes next -- their team in the 2020 Olympic Qualifying tournament was really good.

3 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Well in the newspaper reports here in Barcelona, they said he was on the bench vs. Curaçao and did not see the field. A short article in the Espanyol section of Mundo Deportivo, then I also saw it online.

So I don't know where they got that, but the press seemed to think he was still around with Canada last Thursday.

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Well in the newspaper reports here in Barcelona, they said he was on the bench vs. Curaçao and did not see the field. A short article in the Espanyol section of Mundo Deportivo, then I also saw it online.

So I don't know where they got that, but the press seemed to think he was still around with Canada last Thursday.

If you check his IG tagged photos, someone posted a picture of him practicing with Espanyol yesterday. I doubt he was in Canada just a day or two earlier. Not to mention, pretty sure the broadcast said he had already left too.

6 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

If you check his IG tagged photos, someone posted a picture of him practicing with Espanyol yesterday. I doubt he was in Canada just a day or two earlier. Not to mention, pretty sure the broadcast said he had already left too.

No, I have no doubt about it, but they seemed to think he was with the team. 

Mind you, it is possible when Canada made the player request to Espanyol, as they are obliged to do, it included up to last Thurs and that is why they assumed he was still with us for Curaçao.

Ok, just saw that pic of him training, odd he'd be back here and not holiday. No one is training here right now. But that is the Dani Jarque training centre. Odd really.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

17 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

No, I have no doubt about it, but they seemed to think he was with the team. 

Mind you, it is possible when Canada made the player request to Espanyol, as they are obliged to do, it included up to last Thurs and that is why they assumed he was still with us for Curaçao.

Ok, just saw that pic of him training, odd he'd be back here and not holiday. No one is training here right now. But that is the Dani Jarque training centre. Odd really.

I don’t know Espanyol enough to notice the players, but any chance that’s their B team? The photographer took a bunch of other pictures, so it’s possible he’s training with the reserves.