Concacaf Nations League Match #2: Honduras v Canada - Monday, 13 June, 7 pm PT / 10 pm ET - San Pedro Sula

narduch

1 minute ago, Vasi said:

Does this mean Alister is suspended for the first WC match? 

Or are all cards cleared for the WC. I forgot the rules. 

Suspended for the March games. Or the friendlies we play….hopefully.

1 minute ago, Ally McCoist said:

Can we start building a soccer field in Nunavut so that it can be done by March 2023? Just pitching an idea here...

I'd prefer we build one in Sudbury, but one like the conference league pitches where it's all just standing room only.

Then we advertise that it'll be nickel beer night.  5,000 farmers lubed up on pops would be an intimidating atmosphere.

1 minute ago, Shway said:

Two teams had to play on the same pitch.
We struggled to adjust.

The reffing is the only thing I can complain about. 

Besides the horrendous ref that was the biggest problem with our play, there seemed to be no plan B to counter the waterlogged pitch and the Honduran direct play!

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Im still going to complain about the pitch. Adjustment or not the game shouldnt be played on that crap. 

basically leaves the game to chance and lucky bounces (or puddles)

I agree. It shouldn’t of been played.
But we could’ve protested before it was played. I hope it was, as there was a warmup before the game started so they should’ve seen this before.

Edited by Shway

6 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Good luck to Belgium, Croatia and Morocco getting any kind of intel on how we play after those two games.

As funny as this is, it's about the only realistic positive that we can take from this match. That and maybe a better idea of the kind of runs that Ugbo likes to make. Oh, and possibly that those three teams will feel better about the fact that they don't play in Concacaf.

4 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I'd prefer we build one in Sudbury, but one like the conference league pitches where it's all just standing room only.

Then we advertise that it'll be nickel beer night.  5,000 farmers lubed up on pops would be an intimidating atmosphere.

You almost nailed it, add another 5000 miners.

3 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Im still going to complain about the pitch. Adjustment or not the game shouldnt be played on that crap. 

basically leaves the game to chance and lucky bounces (or puddles)

When you see defenders slipping in puddles on the pitch leading to goals (which ended up being the difference in the game), there's no way anyone can possibly argue that the game should have been played on that pitch. It was a farce, with the Ref doing his best to equal it in that regard.

No one told Phonzie to stop dribbling or playing long balls along the ground. I’m sure the rain and snow games have prepared us for the dry Qatar heat…

all that aside, what a shitshow. It started with refs fist bumping/high fiving Hondurans, then multitudes of pitch invaders because whats security, and then a power tripping official shoving Borjan.

I just hope the red card gets repealed and the boys get a flight home tonight before a riot breaks out in San Pedro Sula.

Just now, Ally McCoist said:

Also... fuck those streakers. I don't trust the security in these sketchy ass third world countries.

They didn’t do anything to the players, but waste time.

England wouldn’t be considered sketchy, and pitch invaders were fighting players. Just a thought.