Concacaf Nations League Match #2: Honduras v Canada - Monday, 13 June, 7 pm PT / 10 pm ET - San Pedro Sula

narduch

13 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I don’t know Espanyol enough to notice the players, but any chance that’s their B team? The photographer took a bunch of other pictures, so it’s possible he’s training with the reserves.

I'd find it very odd. They should all be on holiday, they need to get a break to come back strong and fresh. The new coach for the first team just arrived, they are just sorting out the pre-season which doesn't start until July 5.

A lot of changes to the first team, as well, maybe 6-8 player changes. Then, last year they took about 9 younger guys into the first part of the 1st team pre-season.

I was trying to see if the u-19 are doing a private tournament or something, or the reserves. 

48 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Ok, just saw that pic of him training, odd he'd be back here and not holiday. No one is training here right now. But that is the Dani Jarque training centre. Odd really.

Not really odd when you consider the fact that this was always the plan according to Wheeler.

However counterpoint:

On 5/25/2022 at 7:00 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

I suppose he means to ensure Luca gets time off, a holiday.

La Liga starts in the 2nd week of August and they don't have European matches, so Espanyol will probably start preseason very late June, or more likely early July. I'd imagine however that he'll move up to Espanyol B, in terms of a roster spot, and they'll start later. 

Conclusion: the excuse is BS, nice try Wheeler. He could do our entire Vancouver camp and still have 3 weeks before starting his preseason.

As Espanyol is looking for a new coach the planning details are up in the air.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:38 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Which proves what a load of crap was Wheeler's tweet about him only going to Canada for a week because he has to prep for Espanyol's preseason.

U20 Concacaf means spending the middle of June in Central America. 

This is where I insert a line about what a bag of wind Wheeler is, he'll take any garbage argument and repeat it to ingratiate himself to the powers that be.

Also: Canada camp and US u-20 are not incompatible. 

Fuck Honduras.

Rarely can emotion be summed up so succinctly, so efficiently and yet evoke such a strong brotherhood among people separated by borders and oceans.

Not only is the aesthetic nature of this sentiment pleasing to the ear (next only to "Cellar Door" in terms of phonoaesthetics) but it has endured through the ages.  As Joan of Arc was being burnt at the stake, she was heard saying "Fuck Honduras!" followed closely by "Oh shit, that's hot."  As Oppenheimer saw the sheer destructive power of the first atomic bomb, he said "Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds, fuck Honduras."  The sentiment was so pervasive that the former colony known as British Honduras changed their name to Belize in order to avoid any confusion or collateral damage.

To this day, as families gather around the table for Thanksgiving, often a dinner prayer will end with "Amen, and fuck Honduras" before the food is devoured.

On this day, this illustrious "Game Day" where the Canadian phalanx of soccer Gods and Deities get set to do battle once again, we should all bow our heads together and once more preach unto the earth "Fuck Honduras".

55 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Not really odd when you consider the fact that this was always the plan according to Wheeler.

However counterpoint:

The entire team, except players on international duty, is on holiday. The preseason does not start for the 1st team until July 5. Now if you think you have to prep for the day you return to your club for a medical?

The u-19s played a tournament in Holland last week. Nothing this week from what I can see. 

I wonder if there is a protocol about travelling minors.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, El Hombre said:

Fuck Honduras.

Rarely can emotion be summed up so succinctly, so efficiently and yet evoke such a strong brotherhood among people separated by borders and oceans.

Not only is the aesthetic nature of this sentiment pleasing to the ear (next only to "Cellar Door" in terms of phonoaesthetics) but it has endured through the ages.  As Joan of Arc was being burnt at the stake, she was heard saying "Fuck Honduras!" followed closely by "Oh shit, that's hot."  As Oppenheimer saw the sheer destructive power of the first atomic bomb, he said "Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds, fuck Honduras."  The sentiment was so pervasive that the former colony known as British Honduras changed their name to Belize in order to avoid any confusion or collateral damage.

To this day, as families gather around the table for Thanksgiving, often a dinner prayer will end with "Amen, and fuck Honduras" before the food is devoured.

On this day, this illustrious "Game Day" where the Canadian phalanx of soccer Gods and Deities get set to do battle once again, we should all bow our heads together and once more preach unto the earth "Fuck Honduras".

Fuck Honduras, brother! Alphonso be with you!

3 hours ago, El Hombre said:

Fuck Honduras.

This made my day. And yes. Fuck Honduras. Time to step aside. They are not "campeones," as one fan told me during a friendly in Montreal. Our boys are and will be for a while.