Concacaf Nations League Match #2: Honduras v Canada - Monday, 13 June, 7 pm PT / 10 pm ET - San Pedro Sula

narduch

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

Currently going on hour 3 of my call this morning and it has been a slog...

I was lucky this morning -  pathing that prevented me from staying up until 2am PEI time.  Next Tuesday isn’t so forgiving.  

All good though. We are warriors.  Or heroes in the vernacular of Wheeler.  Either way, I hope they don’t expect much from me at the committee meeting.  

28 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Thats Honduras' worst squad in a while and they were terrible during WCQs.

Wonder if Herdman goes with the A lineup again or experiments a bit

From the interviews it sounded like Herdman was planning to experiment in the Panama game. I think he goes with a full strength squad.

12 minutes ago, RS said:

Who the hell schedules a >3-hour call on a Friday? You should strike. 

Good idea.  How do I go about doing that?  Send out a press release?  Do I have to mention equitable pay for the Women's team as well?  Hopefully my boss doesn't call a press conference and call my demands untenable.

13 minutes ago, RS said:

Who the hell schedules a >3-hour call on a Friday? You should strike. 

I was stupid enough to accept to chair a video call meeting at 530 am PT yesterday and to attend one at 515 this morning (in French).  I'm shockingly functional on 4 1/2 hrs of sleep unless I find out I accidentally fired my best employee later on.

Will Ugbo finally get a start on Sunday?

He had a few promising glimpses yesterday. I think once we give him more time on the pitch he's going to find the net. He's physical and athletic with a good work rate and can stretch the field. Perfect for Honduras. I would start him with David and bring Larin and Cavallini as subs to close it out. 

Looking for us to make get a win in this one, maybe a 2-0 or 3-1. Last time we played down there we never had Davies, who is a game breaker. Part of me doesn't want to get over confident, but I really do expect a multi-goal win. 

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Will Ugbo finally get a start on Sunday?

He had a few promising glimpses yesterday. I think once we give him more time on the pitch he's going to find the net. He's physical and athletic with a good work rate and can stretch the field. Perfect for Honduras. I would start him with David and bring Larin and Cavallini as subs to close it out. 

Looking for us to make get a win in this one, maybe a 2-0 or 3-1. Last time we played down there we never had Davies, who is a game breaker. Part of me doesn't want to get over confident, but I really do expect a multi-goal win. 

I don’t know if this will happen but I would like to see it.  

42 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Good idea.  How do I go about doing that?  Send out a press release?  Do I have to mention equitable pay for the Women's team as well?  Hopefully my boss doesn't call a press conference and call my demands untenable.

Tie yourself to the goal post. Then figure out what message to put across your chest. Easy peazy. You also wont get tackled according to the brilliant CSA by-law 1900-03

9 hours ago, El Hombre said:

I'm already worried about my work schedule during our Qatar matches, very worried in fact.