A thread to discuss all recent undiscussed events since there is clearly a need to create a new thread for every minute detail of the ongoing shitshow

9 hours ago, shorty said:

Ferry = a long time ago. Discuss:

image.png.f22c46d769c837a5bfe0793cf5650f4d.png

Well I actually have Bryan Ferry stories, but prefer this. In the excellent documentary Helvetica, which I highly recommend, there is this section with David Carson, who was a post-punk graphic designer who did Raygun, a classic magazine from the 80s. And one of his most brilliant manouvers was related to an interview with Bryan Ferry (starting m. 2.15)

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/helvetica/david-carson-2

“… just because something is legible doesn’t mean that it communicates, and more importantly doesn’t mean it communicates the right thing…”

It’s like David Carson predicted this very thread. Mind blown. Everybody type in Zapf dingbats from now on.

In fact we should re-brand the members of this forum as the Zapf Dingbats. 

3 minutes ago, shorty said:

“… just because something is legible doesn’t mean that it communicates, and more importantly doesn’t mean it communicates the right thing…”

It’s like David Carson predicted this very thread. Mind blown. Everybody type in Zapf dingbats from now on.

In fact we should re-brand the members of this forum as the Zapf Dingbats. 

Back then they didn't have Unicode, or at least not applicable. 

Hermann Zapf was a sort of genius too. 

1 hour ago, Kingston said:

That's some old-time slang.  Did you go to school in the 1920s?

That is dead on the nose pally boy.  If your good, I'll give you a peppermint stick and tell you how I came up with the black and white soccer ball.