CSB Not to Blame

The current/last minute dispute between Nat’l players and CSA agreement with CSB has everything to do with vision or lack thereof of the CSA. 
Years back when soccer in Canada was going nowhere and fund$ were a bit difficult to come up with, along came a visionary/entrepreneur that was willing to take a chance. All involved, including CSA and players were delighted to see $$ arriving.  I would bet that players were mostly disinterested at the time about specifics associated with CSA and CSB deal.  Everyone was happy that someone showed them some money! And that willingness by CSB paid off/ in droves given the recent success of Nat’l Men’s team.  So now following this turnaround and the financial success,  everyone wants to go back as if it was 4-5 years ago. BUSINESS DOESN’T WORK THAT WAY.  I’d personally like to go back 15 years and buy those farms on outskirts of major metropolitan areas for a “song”  and take advantage of the enormous change in value of today. But I can’t!  So everyone involved, Suck it up!  Or better yet, for sake of soccer in Canada, let’s all have a nice chat, work it out and move on!  

There are a lot of CSB shills out there, especially on Twitter.  Their argument is that "the deal was great at the time".  

First rule of bargaining is you never undersell yourself. Walking away with nothing is better than walking away with shit in your hand.  

I assume anybody who supports this CSB deal is either a troll, a bot, or somebody who directly benefits from the CSB deal.  

MediaPro has a poor track record in case people haven't noticed. Should have been a red flag from day 1.

Edited by Ally McCoist

1 hour ago, Slomojo2005 said:

...And that willingness by CSB paid off/ in droves given the recent success of Nat’l Men’s team...

Correlation is not causation though. The problem with the optics of this is that no CMNT players are playing in CanPL or are likely to any time soon and the league's role on player development for the national team is likely to be relatively marginal given the absence of merit based player academies. Having said that I would tend to place any blame for a bad deal on Victor Montagliani rather than Bob Young.

All honesty though, I agree with the sentiment.  The CSA willingly signed this deal that now appears to be a huge clusterfuck.  If in 2018 the CSA knew we'd qualify for the World Cup and qualify in 1st place and be an exciting, up-and-coming footy nation it's unlikely they'd sign the deal.  But in 2018 we were a sputtering mess that was mostly directionless, they signed what they thought was the best deal they were going to get.  

I just hope that rumoured 10-year extension of the deal is a mutual decision extension.

1 hour ago, devioustrevor said:

All honesty though, I agree with the sentiment.  The CSA willingly signed this deal that now appears to be a huge clusterfuck.  If in 2018 the CSA knew we'd qualify for the World Cup and qualify in 1st place and be an exciting, up-and-coming footy nation it's unlikely they'd sign the deal.  But in 2018 we were a sputtering mess that was mostly directionless, they signed what they thought was the best deal they were going to get.  

I just hope that rumoured 10-year extension of the deal is a mutual decision extension.

Careful SpursFLu.  They’re going to say you’re a BOT!  

Mitchell,  was on the radio about half an hour ago.  He did about as good a job of answering questions as Cochrane did in that media presser did last night.  He basically dodged everything stating the standard line to everyone of the four questions asked.   Yet, the interviewers didnt even lob tough questions at him such as:  how much did CSB receive from Rogers when they sold the media rights?   I am still not clear on what the CSB did to promote the team that a straight broadcasting deal (between CSA and a Media company) couldn't have done.  Not one example provided.  

Edited by Free kick