The Importance of the Players vs CSA Pay Dispute

Shway

14 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Where's Westhead's article updating the situation?  Oh wait.......... it's not negative or controversial so he won't write about it.

To be fair, he did dial back/clarify some of his confusing points in his article from the other day during his live spot on the Preview Show, particularly the 20K bonus.

New counter proposal from the Men to the CSA, as per this report (reflecting a TSN article, but not sure?). Now asking for 4 million total after tax, to be split 50-50 with the women. 2 million clear for the 26 players going to Qatar.

I am assuming this is all Euros. So that would be just short of 77,000 thousand euros per player to participate in the first round at Qatar. Same quantity to the women, don't ask me exactly what the line item is there.

Still, that is a more reasonable figure in line with what many other NTs are getting.

Now we'd be missing the bonuses for wins, getting out of the group stage, getting past further rounds.

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

New counter proposal from the Men to the CSA, as per this report (reflecting a TSN article, but not sure?). Now asking for 4 million total after tax, to be split 50-50 with the women. 2 million clear for the 26 players going to Qatar.

I am assuming this is all Euros. So that would be just short of 77,000 thousand euros per player to participate in the first round at Qatar. Same quantity to the women, don't ask me exactly what the line item is there.

Still, that is a more reasonable figure in line with what many other NTs are getting.

Now we'd be missing the bonuses for wins, getting out of the group stage, getting past further rounds.

I believe it's US dollars.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:36 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Are you sure the bonus money is going to the players that make the Qatar squad? Let's say hypothetically Cyle Larin gets injured just before the squad is named and he is unavailable. And someone like Ismael Kone (or more controversially, Scott Arfield) is on the Qatar squad. Does that mean Cyle Larin doesn't get any of that World Cup Qualification bonus despite being the top scorer in qualifying, but Kone or Arfield who did next to nothing and actually nothing in getting the team qualified get a full share in the money?

I'm not saying you are wrong, I have always been a bit curious about what the plan/proposal is behind how the money is split, in particular if it's split with the women as well. Who are the men (specifically what group of players, since each camp changes a bit) and who are the women and is it all equal amounts or is it based on minutes played or percentage of minutes played in qualifying or what?

6 hours ago, Kent said:

Are you sure the bonus money is going to the players that make the Qatar squad? Let's say hypothetically Cyle Larin gets injured just before the squad is named and he is unavailable. And someone like Ismael Kone (or more controversially, Scott Arfield) is on the Qatar squad. Does that mean Cyle Larin doesn't get any of that World Cup Qualification bonus despite being the top scorer in qualifying, but Kone or Arfield who did next to nothing and actually nothing in getting the team qualified get a full share in the money?

I'm not saying you are wrong, I have always been a bit curious about what the plan/proposal is behind how the money is split, in particular if it's split with the women as well. Who are the men (specifically what group of players, since each camp changes a bit) and who are the women and is it all equal amounts or is it based on minutes played or percentage of minutes played in qualifying or what?

It's not a qualifying bonus, it's FIFA paying for our participation from its general budget.

They should already have negotiated a qualifying bonus for the Octo.

Usually if you don't go, you don't get a bonus. Speaking of other nations.

The question of the women is different. In their case they could do various things. One would be to treat it as their bonus for next year's World Cup. Then, take every player called into the qualifying tournament or the WC squad and split it, say between those 35 (guessing the numbers).

I was just trying to give a ballpark number for the men, which comes out comparable to other country's bonuses for the WC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, canadave said:

Some damning stuff in that Westhead piece. Right back to where we were before with Canada Soccer looking ridiculously incompetent. 

Also the fact the CSA spent 100k on the docu-series they're doing without having shopped it first and making sure a broadcaster would pick it up is hilarious.

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

Also the fact the CSA spent 100k on the docu-series they're doing without having shopped it first and making sure a broadcaster would pick it up is hilarious.

I imagine that may have been a hard sell before the final round of qualification started or even after they qualified. Very surprised TSN wouldn't pay for the content.