The Importance of the Players vs CSA Pay Dispute

Shway

26 minutes ago, king1010 said:

The way I understood that, was the cost of the camp would have been $700K for 2 games(Saudi Arabia and S. Korea), Saudi Arabia would pay us $500K, leaving $200K for the CSA to cover, but that would mean they would also have to host a WNT camp also costing $700K, which the CSA doesn't have the cash to do. 

This is crazy. I get the CSA would have to put aside $200K (the net cost for the 2 MNT games) for the WNT but to fully fund $700K is madness. The MNT is being penalized for their success and resulting marketability?  Btw, if the CSA files for bankruptcy all debts and contracts (CSA/CSB) would be  null & void.

Edited by Kadenge

The CSA needs to pay the players more because they're a mess

The CSA has no money because they're a mess

The CSA needs to spend more money because they're a mess

The CSA spends too much money and needs to spend even more money to equally spend money on everything 

CSA creates more revenue when people engage with and support Canadian soccer but apparently the CSA is a mess so who wants to support a mess?

You spin me right round baby right round like like a record player right round baby

For everyone who jumped on board the Canadian soccer bandwagon during the good times of WC qualifying, I just want to assure you that you will eventually get used to the sense of frustration, confusion and mild nausea you are now experiencing.  Your heart just needs to develop a protective and cynical callus and then you will be fine.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It says we can possibly play Uzbekistan and Oman in the states in September. 

The reason why we could do this and not play in Canada is that Soccer United Marketing, the USSF/MLS affiliated for-profit marketing org, has the ability to leverage American tax law and their psedo-ownership of stadiums to host events that don't lose money.

For the federation, it'll be cheaper to play two games in front of 5k fans in LA than to plan two games in Canada in front of 25k fans. 

I think the key is for everyone to ignore Rick Whitehead. Not easy since TSN is his platform. I find as long as I put him on mute and just focus on football the only frustration comes from wins and losses. That's my advice to everyone. People like Rick Whitehead serve no positive purpose. They're just there to pull crabs back in to the bucket and get paid for it

Edited by SpursFlu

5 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I think the key is for everyone to ignore Rick Whitehead. Not easy since TSN is his platform. I find as long as I put him on mute and just focus on football the only frustration comes from wins and losses. That's my advice to everyone. People like Rick Whitehead serve no positive purpose. They're just there to pull crabs back in to the bucket and get paid for it

The head in the sand approach.

6 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Explosion Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, RS said:

How many weirdos on here are going to dismiss this article outright simply because of who wrote it?

No one.  Because he actually talked to DeVos, so right from the source rather than biased players and/or disgruntled ex board members.  No speculation, rumour or inuendo in this article.  Good for him to get the interview with DeVos.

11 minutes ago, Ivan said:

No one.  Because he actually talked to DeVos, so right from the source rather than biased players and/or disgruntled ex board members.  No speculation, rumour or inuendo in this article.  Good for him to get the interview with DeVos.

There's literally someone three posts up from yours doing his best Iraqi Information Minister impression because of who the author is.

22 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Er, that is not how reporting works.

I’m also not sure how DeVos is more or less “biased” than anybody else Westhead could talk to.

Guess who else is broke? TSN Bell media.. but wait that's not their fault, it's everyone else's fault 

Here's some free advice for those up in the Ivory Tower.. maybe put more energy in to entertaining sports content and less time and energy running around trying to tar and feather people who aren't dance partners in your little monopoly 

51 minutes ago, frmr said:

The head in the sand approach.

No its the we don't buy your bullshit anymore approach.

Everytime the CMNT has some tickets to sell here comes Rick Whitehead and his Lance Bass haircut pretending to give a shit about soccer

Edited by SpursFlu

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

ah, great

It will be interesting to see how people try to spin having CSB deal money that could otherwise have been funding the CMNT and CWNT programs going to prop up York United as a positive at this point.

... “I’ve told CSB that we are in this together,” deVos said. “I know how important it is to have professional leagues for men and women in this country, but that cannot come at the expense of our men’s and women’s national team. Our youth boys’ and girls’ national teams need to develop the best players in Canada who go on and succeed at the international level because that success is going to drive the game forward.” ...

15 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

Er, that is not how reporting works.

I’m also not sure how DeVos is more or less “biased” than anybody else Westhead could talk to.

It get that it's the nature of reporting, doesn't mean that it's right.  He definitely dialed back his one-sidedness over this issue in recent articles though, I'll give credit where due.

DeVos was open and transparent on the state of the finances and his discussions with the players, internal CSA, CSB and government.  That's what we all were looking for. 

Well talking to the guy who is in charge now, and will be held accountable for what he says and might be able to effect some change is light years better than citing unnamed former CSA board members.  The booking agent is also named, so we can actually see if he is believable or not.  And by the end of the GC we will have had 8 mb 9 games this year already, and we are having players skipping GC because of too many games.  Maybe throwing up a cheap domestic "poutine " camp for NA players and a money making friendly in Canada in one of the fall windows might be an answer?? Somebody smarter than me must be able to come up idea to play/ave a camp and maybe make some cash in return.  I cant believe we are destined to play all our friendlies in the USA because its cheaper.  How can we grow the game that way??  

I really hope all this bankruptcy talk really is DeVos thinking out loud, because I dont think he realizes what kind of a shit show that would open up eh?