CANCELLED WC Prep Match #1: Canada vs Panama- Sunday, June 5 4pm PT / 7pm ET, BC Place, Vancouver

3 hours ago, cornerkick said:

here's the Panama squad

That's the core group. I think some starting CBs were already missing, apart from them it's just Bárcenas who's not there. 

Pleased Panama is coming with a strong squad, and I think it's admirable they've stuck with Christensen, who I'd say is a good coach and a good guy. 

34 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That's the core group. I think some starting CBs were already missing, apart from them it's just Bárcenas who's not there. 

Pleased Panama is coming with a strong squad, and I think it's admirable they've stuck with Christensen, who I'd say is a good coach and a good guy. 

They have a good chance of snatching a result here, I dare say.  It will be a highly motivated side wanting to send a message to us.  Our job is to let them know their place.

1 hour ago, Strait Red said:

Canada’s national men’s soccer team stayed off the pitch on Friday, refusing to train for Sunday’s World Cup warmup vs. Panama because of a dispute over player compensation, according to sources familiar with the matter.

This deserves it's own topic. For more on this see: Players vs CSA Pay Dispute

Edited by Rivaldo
link to new topic

what the hell is going on???  😡

i should clarify, is this regarding player compensation over this window, or compensation deals related to peformance at Qatar, which i assume would be far more material than June games?

Edited by cornerkick

5 minutes ago, cornerkick said:

what the hell is going on???  😡

i should clarify, is this regarding player compensation over this window, or compensation deals related to peformance at Qatar, which i assume would be far more material than June games?

Compensation for winning WCQ games, the percentage of money players get from World Cup money, and the CSA paying for their families and tickets to go to Qatar.

15 hours ago, Watchmen said:

If you want more proof that CSA is completely useless, Sportsnet 650's morning show spent all week trying to get someone (literally anyone) from the team to be a guest on the show, through the CSA, in order to help promote the game and discuss the team.  The CSA gave them no one, until late in the week when they said Vitoria (and no one else) could be on.  But he couldn't be on until after the morning show was over.  Congrats CSA, you continue to make a bad situation worse.

Weird. Atiba was on Sekeres and Price podcast yesterday.

4 hours ago, Watchmen said:

So, apparently the reason the CSA is struggling to pay the CMNT players is...because of CSB, the Canadian equivalent to SUM.

That seems like a load of bullshit since according to the article I read the players want a bigger cut of the prize money that FIFA pays out.