CANCELLED WC Prep Match #1: Canada vs Panama- Sunday, June 5 4pm PT / 7pm ET, BC Place, Vancouver

53 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The hysterical comments here about the game not being played, with no basis for them in the least, just shows the inexperience of so many fans. 

Why would a negotiation about bonuses affect a game schedule? Are people so fragile that they think they are about to get a divorce because their spouse says you've overcooked the steaks?

I am a bit disappointed in the lunacy I'm seeing. The game is 100% on from day one and the contract signed with the Match Agent, BC Place and the two federations. There was never the least indication that would change. 

The only thing that bothers me is the players not training on Saturday either (unless somehow Herdman and co used the time to prep tactics for our WC rivals, which would have been interesting), and even worse, rumours of being seen out late the night before a match. That is extremely disrespectful to the fans, who deserve their team to fully prep. If they don't play this match with full verve they are going to hurt their cause badly.

This post aged very well.

I am really curious what’s the really the issue here with the players

The tickets ? Family hotel

the sharing of prize money with the women’s team ? 

the % of the prize money ? 

The taxes ? 

Something else or all the above 

Maybe not the wisest move by the players but the CSA is incredibly stupid. At the very least, you pay the players an above-average stipend for this game, just to move things forward. There’s no way anybody says no to that. 

It sounds to me like somebody thought they could just go back, tell the players to stuff it, and that would be that. How wrong they were.

I think Bontis has to resign. It would almost seem inevitable he gets forced out. We have real sponsors now and they will want a head-on-a-stick.

Just now, phil03 said:

Can someone explain the whole Hamilton mafia reference to me? I am unfamiliar.

The Canadian Soccer Business is basically run by Bob young and Scott Mitchell. Well Bob Young owns Forge FC and runs the CPL. Duane Rollins did a huge story behide it and pissed off the Hamilton Mafia who basically owns Canada Soccer 

2 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

Maybe not the wisest move by the players but the CSA is incredibly stupid. At the very least, you pay the players an above-average stipend for this game, just to move things forward. There’s no way anybody says no to that. 

It sounds to me like somebody thought they could just go back, tell the players to stuff it, and that would be that. How wrong they were.

I think Bontis has to resign. It would almost seem inevitable he gets forced out. We have real sponsors now and they will want a head-on-a-stick.

Problem is Bontis doesn't have a head.

1 minute ago, reggietfc said:

botherhood my balls....forfeit the next 2 games  and give the wc spot to costa rica,bunch of babies

And that will accomplish what exactly?

2 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

The Canadian Soccer Business is basically run by Bob young and Scott Mitchell. Well Bob Young owns Forge FC and runs the CPL. Duane Rollins did a huge story behide it and pissed off the Hamilton Mafia who basically owns Canada Soccer 

I see, would anyone have the link?

So weak and amateurish from both the csa and players...csa for not taking this more seriously and solving it earlier and players for ridiculous demands such as reviewing the csb agreement (as if they can change it or as if they are the ones who should make agreements or have a say in it) and for impeding the preparation of a nation for the world cup

4 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

https://24thminute.substack.com/p/for-hamilton-by-hamilton?s=r

i think that’s it. It was awhile go- Scott Mitchell got very pissy and acted like a  child on Twitter about it. 

Ok, and if I follow correctly these guys have essentially been given a contract where they have been given control of the national teams' revenue then?

Edited by phil03