Concacaf Nations League #1: Canada vs Curaçao- Thursday, 9 June, 7:30 pm PT / 10:30 pm ET - BC Place, Vancouver

5 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Also I'm not sure anyone noticed but once the Iran game was canceled, all the tickets for Curacao that were purchased went back available because they were part of the bundle. So checking over the weekend the were almost zero tickets sold for this game

wow.. that's extremely disappointing.  How are the V's section sales for this one?

Not opposed to playing David as a 10, but if you start all 3 strikers at once, the substitute options are slim pickings. We have enough depth at LWB/LB that Raheem Edwards is probably going to need to cover a central role to make the WC squad. Wouldn’t be surprised if 10 is where they try him rather than LWB. Cav has increasingly dropped deep and acted as a distributor this year for club, and it’s revitalized his game somewhat. I still don’t trust him to make it through 90 mins without starting a line brawl, but if we’re throwing shit out there why not give him a shot.

Regarding the ticket sales, are you really surprised that the midweek game, in a niche competition, against a Dutch colony most people haven’t even heard of, with overpriced tickets, is selling poorly? Colour me shocked. Especially since most people's money is still in CSA limbo right now.  

Still more than a week to go. The women pulled 20,600 against Nigeria, so I would still expect the lower bowl to fill out, even if it’s in the smaller Whitecaps configuration.

9 hours ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

Never going back to Vancouver, that’s for damn certain 

Under the circumstances (canceled game, high prices, timing, etc) it may be understandable why there may be low numbers but I still think there is an element of truth behind your statement. I don’t know what attendance will ultimately be, but if the CMNT plays a home game, at this time, in a stadium that is mostly empty, I think the CSA will be hesitant to go out there again for a while regardless of the surrounding circumstances.  

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Under the circumstances (canceled game, high prices, timing, etc) it may be understandable why there may be low numbers but I still think there is an element of truth behind your statement. I don’t know what attendance will ultimately be, but if the CMNT plays a home game, at this time, in a stadium that is mostly empty, I think the CSA will be hesitant to go out there again for a while regardless of the surrounding circumstances.  

Dumbass post of the year. 

16 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Also I'm not sure anyone noticed but once the Iran game was canceled, all the tickets for Curacao that were purchased went back available because they were part of the bundle. So checking over the weekend the were almost zero tickets sold for this game

Wonder why they would have to refund the Curacao game. A certain amount of the total would have been allocated to each game, could just refunded the Iran portion? The Vs section for the NL game is not bad at $34 and having just looked at it a lot of tickets still available in the three sections, its obvious interest in this match is very low. This game was never going to be on fire.

24 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Wonder why they would have to refund the Curacao game. A certain amount of the total would have been allocated to each game, could just refunded the Iran portion? The Vs section for the NL game is not bad at $34 and having just looked at it a lot of tickets still available in the three sections, its obvious interest in this match is very low. This game was never going to be on fire.

I’ve talked to some people, everyone who bought the 2 match pack got their tickets back and will receive a code on Wednesday for the Curaçao game. Should give us a better idea where we’re at

22 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

I’ve talked to some people, everyone who bought the 2 match pack got their tickets back and will receive a code on Wednesday for the Curaçao game. Should give us a better idea where we’re at

If that's the case I think they'll probably still sell out the lower bowl 

C'Mon Vancouverites make your province proud, and show out for your country.
You're not a small town city!

If they can show up for a CWNT friendly vs Nigeria (20K) then they definitely should sellout the bottom even if it's Curacao. "An excuse is a smokescreen for the deceived"

....I do feel like hindsight will be "we should've played this in Montreal".

Edited by Shway

25 minutes ago, Shway said:

C'Mon Vancouverites make your province proud, and show out for your country.
You're not a small town city!

If they can show up for a CWNT friendly vs Nigeria (20K) then they definitely should sellout the bottom even if it's Curacao. "An excuse is a smokescreen for the deceived"

....I do feel like hindsight will be "we should've played this in Montreal".

Do you live in Van? Literally nobody outside of the hardcore fans even know this game is happening really. CSA is hiding with their tails between their legs after pulling the rug on 45,000+ for the Iran Debacle. They’ve done virtually 0 marketing here 

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

22 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Do you live in Van? Literally nobody outside of the hardcore fans even know this game is happening really. CSA is hiding with their tails between their legs after pulling the rug on 45,000+ for the Iran Debacle. They’ve done virtually 0 marketing here 

Interesting....

Like no banners on the street post? No bus stop advertisements? No commercials on Sports TV? Zero...Nada....absolutely nothing? 

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Interesting....

Like no banners on the street post? No bus stop advertisements? No commercials on Sports TV? Zero...Nada....absolutely nothing? 

I have heard radio ads on Sportsnet 650. Not sure if you have heard, Sports TV is run out of Toronto. Attendance will be 20k+. No worries. 

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

Interesting....

Absolutely nothing. If I wasn't on this board and/or a huge Whitecaps fan, I would have no idea this game was happening. 

There's also been zero sponsored/targeted ads on social media – everything I got was for the Iran game. 

2 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Is the team training at UBC?

I just assumed they were using the Whitecaps facilities at UBC. Would make sense. They'd just work around the Caps who are home to Real Salt Lake on Saturday eve.

Anyone on the ground in Vancouver who can say where they are staying and training?