Concacaf Nations League #1: Canada vs Curaçao- Thursday, 9 June, 7:30 pm PT / 10:30 pm ET - BC Place, Vancouver

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

EVERYTHING on the internet is a competition.  C'mon, you should know better.

Not bad.. but there is always the quality over quantity debate

Anyways, congratulations on your victory.. I think 

Edited by SpursFlu

53 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I like Terry but both him and Wheels together can be a bit overwhelming.   Jimmy is more subdued and it seems to be reining Wheels in a bit. 

I don't know if I was watching something else, did Wheels and Brennan do the game because the stream I watched was only one guy and I don't think it was Brennan.  I could be wrong.  There was no super on the screen saying where the stream was coming from.

1 hour ago, phil03 said:

Honestly, overall I like what I see. Like others I was affraid the energy wouldn't be there but if anything else they were trying too hard, being a bit febrile and being a bit fuzzy in the finishion as a result. A third goal would have been ideal but a good 2-0 first half is gonna help everyone tremedenlously in getting back in the zone. The players seemed to have become more patient, Herdman seemingly more relaxed and the crowd, for all that it is still small, more into it. Obviously its a process but I feel serious headway in turning the page has already been made :)

I put my alarm on for 4:25 am, but being a bit febrile and fuzzy in the finishion I went back to sleep. 

Time for a new user name. 

4 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I don't know if I was watching something else, did Wheels and Brennan do the game because the stream I watched was only one guy and I don't think it was Brennan.  I could be wrong.  There was no super on the screen saying where the stream was coming from.

I was watching the same stream as you I think - it's the official CONCACAF feed. So happy I wasn't listening to Wheeler for once even though the CONCACAF commentator was saying like 5 words per minute.

13 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Performance with panache but in first half the attacking players had to ball too much time, they aèrent showing some respect.  They thought piece of cake.  Larin looked rusty.  

My ratings

Borjan 7

Johnson Vitoria Miller adekugbe. All 7

Hutchinson 6  Eustaquio 8

Davies 7  David 7 Buchanan 6

Larin 6

Substitutes 

Layrea 7

Piette 9

Hoilett 7

Cavallini 7

Ukbe 5

Davies 9.5 in my book. (and usually is) This is a world class player ffs. enjoy.

4 minutes ago, clamlinguine said:

Davies 9.5 in my book. (and usually is) This is a world class player ffs. enjoy.

I don't think Davies was a 9,/ he is world class but a 7 from him is a 10 from an ordinary player.  He is coming back, more to come.  Canada improved with Piette pulling the strings when on, team clicked better.  Team looked disjointed in first half, the attacking players all of them tried too hard in 1st half, they didn't play it simple.  

43 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm actually surprised they didn't. It's Vancouver, you can pretty much do whatever the hell you like

Was that Cav?  Tired of singing "put me in coach" and just took matters into his own hands?

7 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

I was watching the same stream as you I think - it's the official CONCACAF feed. So happy I wasn't listening to Wheeler for once even though the CONCACAF commentator was saying like 5 words per minute.

I think so too because I think it was the Concacaf logo, which for a bit I confused as the Onesoccer logo.  Anyway, I thought the guy did pretty well.

1 minute ago, JAVIERF said:

I don't think Davies was a 9,/ he is world class but a 7 from him is a 10 from an ordinary player.  He is coming back, more to come.  Canada improved with Piette pulling the strings when on, team clicked better.  Team looked disjointed in first half, the attacking players all of them tried too hard in 1st half, they didn't play it simple.  

Ok. You're grading the players against themselves. That's fine, but still, AD gave it ALL out there today.

5 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Oh, and if you don't believe me listen to Herdman's interview after the game.

3 minutes ago, clamlinguine said:

Ok. You're grading the players against themselves. That's fine, but still, AD gave it ALL out there today.

I'm comparing, Davies is world class any regular player must play very good to be at the same level of a  world class player in a match.

Ditto this,  what a Zidane pass from Hoilett!!!

31 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

Tickets were $16 my guy.

I am still waiting for a $1200 refund from Ticketmaster for the two-game Iran pack. We had 3 adults and 5 kids lined up. After that gong show, the other dads that were in our group of 8, had no interest in a stand-alone Curacao game. I don’t blame them. I don’t think this is a unique story. 

I'm comparing, Davies is world class any regular player must play very good to be at the same level of a  world class player in a match.

Ditto this,  what a Zidane pass from Hoilett!!!

Well, I do like Hoilett. I give him the credit over Piette for the improvement in the second half.

Just now, DeRo_Is_King said:

I still think Ugbo needs more minutes. Basically, we have garbage minutes as a sample size to work with. Not fair at all for a player who has shown up for Canada and proven his worth at club level. 

I was hoping for the same. But I think the events of the past couple weeks derailed Herdman's plans. I feel like if the Panama game went ahead Ugbo would have started either then or today.

2 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I still think Ugbo needs more minutes. Basically, we have garbage minutes as a sample size to work with. Not fair at all for a player who has shown up for Canada and proven his worth at club level. 

There are some players who are better at international level than club level and others better at club level and not as good for international football.

Cavallini seems the first group and this kid the other.

Viduka was better at club level than for Australia when Kewell was better for Australia than at club level

There are some players who are better at international level than club level and others better at club level and not as good for international football.

Cavallini seems the first group and this kid the other.

Viduka was better at club level than for Australia when Kewell was better for Australia than at club level

Honestly, I cannot say whether he's been good for Canada or not, because he's played less than 100 minutes across several matches now. It's not fair to judge him based on that is all I'm saying.