Concacaf Nations League #1: Canada vs Curaçao- Thursday, 9 June, 7:30 pm PT / 10:30 pm ET - BC Place, Vancouver

I wouldn't be concerned about the energy levels of those interviews. When are day before game interviews energetic? Especially if you are mostly talking about ongoing negotiations. I think the only time you can really get high energy interviews from the vast majority of athletes is immediately after a win on the field or in the locker room.

That being said, I do worry about the distraction hurting the team's play today. It could go either way today I think.

As for my excitement level, my disappointment in the last week or 2 of drama is balanced out by my excitement to finally see Davies back with the national team. I love watching him play and it's been a while!

I do also like this competition. People that call this game meaningless only say so because they are presuming a win. If the Nations League was actually meaningless that would mean it wouldn't really matter if Canada lost all 4 games. But guess, what, if we do that all of a sudden we maybe aren't in the Gold Cup in 2023 (depending on if the Gold Cup prelims are also unimportant games we would also lose) and the next time Nations League rolls around instead of playing Honduras and Curacao we are playing Cuba, Bermuda, and Bonaire, with no chance at a final vs a Mexico, USA, Costa Rica, or Jamaica.

25 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Looks like maybe 12-13 thousand sold for tonight. Then there could be walkup. 

If they'd just done a press conference with a smiling Phonsie they would have sold 3-4000 more or been close to a full lower bowl with wicket sales today.

Yeah, it's crazy to me that there wasn't a stronger announcement that this game IS going to happen. I found I had to wade through this site to find confirmation that the game is going to happen. Even the "buy 1 get 1 free" email I got from the CSA didn't acknowledge the uncertainty of the game, or reassure that the players have agreed to play the game while negotiations continue. Like you say, they should have had Davies do a little promo or something. "Sorry for the Panama game, but we are going to be back in action against Curacao. See you there on June 9th, get your tickets."

Canada Soccer hasn't even posted on its social media today when people are on lunch break now and it's a chance to build some last minute buzz at least. Bizarre lack of promotion for this when they should be blitzing social media to say the game is actually happening.

Edit: they just posted a small thing on instagram a minute ago (but there's no link on how to get tickets - just silly)

Edited by canucksfan

3 minutes ago, Metro said:

Kuwas might have been their best player in the two matches against Honduras.

Read a reply to that tweet where they say that they won't miss any of the six except a centre back, is that him?

Also sounds like they got in late. I know jetlag is not a serious problem, but still, always better to acclimatise before an away game.

32 minutes ago, narduch said:

Weren't you supposed to light yourself on fire?

C'mom... I know he's not Mr. Popularity at the moment, but that's a bit too much. Tone it down a bit, bro. I know he's getting under ya'll skin, but he's not telling anyone to light themselves on fire, jump off a bridge, etc. (at least from what I have seen).

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

C'mom... I know he's not Mr. Popularity at the moment, but that's a bit too much. Tone it down a bit, bro. I know he's getting under ya'll skin, but he's not telling anyone to light themselves on fire, jump off a bridge, etc. (at least from what I have seen).

I think narduch is directly referencing Mr Flu talking about the monks protesting vietnam and saying lets all do it.  Maybe it got lost in the blzzard of posts the past few days.  

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

But he actually said he'd do it.

10 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I'm just making a joke based on his own post about the Tibetan monk that lit himself on fire to protest the Vietnam war

6 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I think narduch is directly referencing Mr Flu talking about the monks protesting vietnam and saying lets all do it.  Maybe it got lost in the blzzard of posts the past few days.  

I figured I may have missed something like that. Maybe it wasn't as bad then as it read without knowing that context.

5 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Thanks as usual @Obinna but it's all good. You get what you give off in life so it's fine. I'm just really disappointed and pissed right now

I know brother. I feel your dissapointment man, especially if you bought a bunch of tickets. It's a pretty big slap in the face. I don't imagine many fans who were inconvinced are too pleased.

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I figured I may have missed something like that. Maybe it wasn't as bad then as it read without knowing that context.

I know brother. I feel your dissapointment man, especially if you bought a bunch of tickets. It's a pretty big slap in the face. I don't imagine many fans who were inconvinced are too pleased.

Yah and it's impossible to avoid the bullshit. It's everywhere 

Mabe I'll just take up fishing. Is that still allowed?

Edited by SpursFlu