Concacaf Nations League #1: Canada vs Curaçao- Thursday, 9 June, 7:30 pm PT / 10:30 pm ET - BC Place, Vancouver

Canada vs. Curaçao, Thursday 9 June, 7:30 pm PT / 10:30 pm ET - BC Place, Vancouver

First match of League A, Group C, which also includes Honduras. Canada plays its second match in Honduras on Tuesday 14 June.

Tickets for Voyageurs available through the webpage, follow link and use Voyageur code. Sections 201, 202 and 203 are reserved for this match.

General Sales are available for lower bowl only and still available.

A two for one deal has been offered since June 7 for new purchasers, as well as deals for former Iran and Panama ticket holders, although no rebate is offered for those already with full price tickets. 

With the cancellation of the Iran match, two-match packs are no longer available.

Curaçao was in League A last round and is not one of the recently promoted nations.

In this window they have been home to Honduras on 3 June (0-1) and away to Honduras on 6 June (1-2), making this their third match in a week. Honduras also plays three matches in this window. Canada playing two Nations League matches in June is a scheduling decision allowing for friendlies that was also applied to other nations qualified for the World Cup plus Costa Rica.

Curaçao is coached by Art Langeler, former Dutch pro who doubles as FC Groningen Director of Development.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

General Sales are available for lower bowl only but selling quickly. 

Two-Match Pass deals for the Iran friendly and Curaçao are almost sold out, only most expensive seats still available.

Hi everyone! I just learned about the Voyageurs from a co-worker. I already have tickets in 254 for these games but will join you next time they play in Canada.

These two links are for a re-sale site with inflated pricing. So if you buy there, you'll end up paying more and it won't go to Canada Soccer either.

Unfortunately, there's over 20,000 tickets available for Curacao and still over 2000+ two-match packs available in the lower bowl for Iran + Curacao. At work today, no one seemed to even know this game was happening but everyone has tickets to Iran.

Edited by canucksfan

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Canada vs. Curaçao, Thursday 9 June, 7:30 pm PT / 10:30 pm ET - BC Place, Vancouver

First match of League A, Group C, which also includes Honduras. Canada plays its second match in Honduras on Tuesday 14 June.

Tickets for Voyageurs available through the webpage, follow link and use Voyageur code. Sections 201, 202 and 203 are reserved for this match.

General Sales are available for lower bowl only but selling quickly. 

Two-Match Pass deals for the Iran friendly and Curaçao are almost sold out, only most expensive seats still available.

Curaçao was in League A last round and is not one of the recently promoted nations.

In this window they are home to Honduras on 3 June and away to Honduras on 6 June, making this their third match in a week. Honduras also plays three matches in this window. Canada playing two Nations League matches in June is a scheduling decision allowing for friendlies that was also applied to other nations qualified for the World Cup plus Costa Rica.

Curaçao is coached by Art Langeler, former Dutch pro who doubles as FC Groningen Director of Development.

you linked ticketfaster which is a reseller. 

I think you meant to link ticketmaster

Curacao

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/canada-mnt-v-curacao-concacaf-nations-vancouver-british-columbia-06-09-2022/event/11005CABCE25550D

Two Match

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/canadian-mnt-2-match-pack-vancouver-british-columbia-06-09-2022/event/11005CAB38177B33

Tickets aren't selling fast for this one. Still tons left. 

Edited by king1010

4 minutes ago, king1010 said:

you linked ticketfaster which is a reseller. 

I think you meant to link ticketmaster

Curacao

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/canada-mnt-v-curacao-concacaf-nations-vancouver-british-columbia-06-09-2022/event/11005CABCE25550D

Two Match

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/canadian-mnt-2-match-pack-vancouver-british-columbia-06-09-2022/event/11005CAB38177B33

Tickets aren't selling fast for this one. Still tons left. 

Thanks, I did it rushed I admit, will do the change asap.

Google tells me the lower bowl capacity at BC Place is 22,000. I don't know if anybody has numbers or has done more than glance at ticketmaster, but from my glance it looks like less than a third of tickets are sold so far. Hopefully sales pick up as we get closer to the game, it would be great to see a decent crowd, even if it's an unheralded opponent in a misunderstood competition.

I know, we kind of made a mountain out of a molehill when we played Suriname. I was especially guilty of that.

However, I don't think we can go to sleep here either. Do I expect that to happen? no. Do I expect us to win? Yes. Do Curacao have the players to hurt us? Also yes. They pushed Panama to the limit in qualifiers, the same Panama we lost to in our most recent match. 

7 hours ago, Kent said:

Google tells me the lower bowl capacity at BC Place is 22,000. I don't know if anybody has numbers or has done more than glance at ticketmaster, but from my glance it looks like less than a third of tickets are sold so far. Hopefully sales pick up as we get closer to the game, it would be great to see a decent crowd, even if it's an unheralded opponent in a misunderstood competition.

It's actually 27k.. im pretty sure

22k is the configuration for Whitecaps games which includes a couple sections tarped off

On 5/19/2022 at 11:57 AM, Kent said:

The thing about this game is.........We are playing Curacao, not a big draw for a visiting team and the CSA has next to no advertising around Vancouver with promoting this game. No bus advertising, tv or radio (non that i've seen of heard of) And a 7:30pm start time isn't great on a Thursday evening, Should be no later then 7pm 

In my mind, the Curacao game is the more exciting game to me, as it's more meaningful as it's for Nations League Group stage. Wins and point acclamation  come into play in this game, which makes it much more appealing in my mind. 

2 hours ago, dhawk11 said:

The thing about this game is.........We are playing Curacao, not a big draw for a visiting team and the CSA has next to no advertising around Vancouver with promoting this game. No bus advertising, tv or radio (non that i've seen of heard of) And a 7:30pm start time isn't great on a Thursday evening, Should be no later then 7pm 

In my mind, the Curacao game is the more exciting game to me, as it's more meaningful as it's for Nations League Group stage. Wins and point acclamation  come into play in this game, which makes it much more appealing in my mind. 

The CSA delaying the squad announcement does not help unfortunately with promoting the game

4 hours ago, dhawk11 said:

I 100% understand that Curacao isn't a big draw and I tried to portray that in my original post. I think any place in Canada would be hard to sell 20k tickets to a game against Curacao in the Nations League. I am hoping for the best but not at all judging Vancouver on this. I've been to plenty of similar games in Toronto when we didn't open up the upper level at BMO field, which is far smaller than BC Place. So I get it.

Hopefully there is a big walk up crowd and hopefully we have a World Cup-ish roster. I can't wait to see Davies play for Canada again. Hopefully he plays this game and drives some ticket sales.

I haven't been following the advertising for the games much given I'm already a hardcore supporter and have my tickets, but it does seem like everything was tailored to the Iran game and this match was a complete afterthought.

I wouldn't call the ticket prices outrageous, but they definitely could have done better for this game. Even for me who is a hardcore supporter I waited on tickets for this game and ended up buying mostly because the seats available were still so good. I'm a bit of an anomaly too since I'm outside of the Greater Vancouver Area so it's a bit of a trek to get to the game especially on a weekday (ended up just taking the entire day off).

I do think once rosters are announced, we get closer to the games and people see the atmosphere at the Iran friendly the tickets will start moving. I would expect a near lower bowl sell out.

Agree with above we haven't even been able to leverage the Davies homecoming, which drove the Edmonton sales. 

So that will be a major bonus and as tickets are harder to get for Iran, some will opt for Curaçao. 

It's a risk, since really we don't need Davies for Curaçao, but it'd be wise to give him some minutes and round out the squad with less habituals, thinking about Honduras.