CANCELLED WC Prep Match #1: Canada vs Iran - Sunday, June 5 BC Place, Vancouver

29 minutes ago, Vancouver Fan said:

Looks like the entire lower bowl is available for Canada Red-White. Except 3 blocked off sections. 

Must purchase both games to receive discount. 

Sections 201 202 and 254 are blocked off and is mostly like for Voyageurs. These sections (201 and 202) are to the right of the tunnel, (as viewed on tv)  behind the goal where Southsiders usually are. 254 is one section over to the left of the tunnel. 

Section 203 for example is $106.75 plus $6.00 = $112.75 for both matches per person. 

My guess, Voyageurs tix will be in the $35 price range pergame per person. 

I am guessing those running things understand the real Voyageur numbers based in BC, which would explain the commitment to these sections only. It may seem like a modest section otherwise.

The Voyageurs don't allow last-minute memberships to get tickets in our sections, at least not lately and not usually. So this I suspect is based on a reasonable calculation.

254 is the smallest of the sections where the Southsiders usually are. They are in 253 as well.

201 and 202 have often had similar minded fans. Curva Collective was in 203-204 down low.

Buying near these sections is recommended if you are not a V but want to be part of the ambience.

53 minutes ago, Vancouver Fan said:

Looks like the entire lower bowl is available for Canada Red-White. Except 3 blocked off sections. 

Must purchase both games to receive discount. 

Sections 201 202 and 254 are blocked off and is mostly like for Voyageurs. These sections (201 and 202) are to the right of the tunnel, (as viewed on tv)  behind the goal where Southsiders usually are. 254 is one section over to the left of the tunnel. 

Section 203 for example is $106.75 plus $6.00 = $112.75 for both matches per person. 

My guess, Voyageurs tix will be in the $35 price range pergame per person. 

How did you book the 2 game package? The link in the email I received was broken for that option.

Sad that I will not be able to travel to BC for these matches. Simply too short of notice to get time off work. My membership is working well and I can see lots of great seats everywhere. When I do hit the two ticket 25% discount link it does dead end.

For all those going to the matches. Enjoy!

there's a sizable Iranian community in the lower mainland.  I'm not sure if it's comparable Toronto or Montreal, but I could see a good turnout for this match.  There will be good support for Iran..but maybe not as much as say 4 years ago due to progress of CanMNT in the last 2 years.

7 hours ago, Rougeisthecolour said:

Sad that I will not be able to travel to BC for these matches. Simply too short of notice to get time off work. My membership is working well and I can see lots of great seats everywhere. When I do hit the two ticket 25% discount link it does dead end.

For all those going to the matches. Enjoy!

My link managed to work, once I got to the window and waited for the presale to start, I tired work use the same link after and it didn't work. Ended up getting my tickets with the discount, but not sure why that link stopped working

Just now, Coin Toss said:

Bought a CanadaRED+WHITE membership on April 20th. Have not received a code yet, or even an email from CanadaSoccer about the games.

yikes.. that's not promising for who signed up recently (ie yesterday)..

Edited by cornerkick

Could anyone with the right to purchase in the whole stadium do us a little favour and offer a perusal of sales? Busy sections, others with more availability? 

Any indication of a visiting team section?

It'd be nice almost a day in to see the pattern, thinking about the General Sales tomorrow.

I really hope Caps and other fans respond enough to ensure we don't have any major pockets of rival fans anywhere in the lower bowl.

21 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Tickets available starting 12 May for the CSA's Red and Gold and Red and White.

Voyageurs ticketing: Tickets will be available starting 10am PT (7am ET) on Friday 13 May. Login to your Voyageurs account through https://www.thevoyageurs.org/ go to the Tickets page and check the information. Priced at 34.75 all in.

Seems to me our sections are greyed out and disabled if you follow the ticket master link once you sign in to your V account. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: 254 is open for me, but the V code does not work. 

Edited by Obinna

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Seems to me our sections are greyed out and disabled if you follow the ticket master link once you sign in to your V account. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: 254 is open for me, but the V code does not work. 

Not available until 10am PST

48 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Could anyone with the right to purchase in the whole stadium do us a little favour and offer a perusal of sales? Busy sections, others with more availability? 

Any indication of a visiting team section?

It'd be nice almost a day in to see the pattern, thinking about the General Sales tomorrow.

I really hope Caps and other fans respond enough to ensure we don't have any major pockets of rival fans anywhere in the lower bowl.

I think it is between 222 and 224 for the away section.

3 minutes ago, Admin said:

I think it is between 222 and 224 for the away section.

Fairly standard for Whitecaps home matches, away fans in that corner or part of it.

I like it as they are not visible on broadcasts and, with BC Place's mediocre acoustics, do not interfere with support on the other end.

From what I recall they are usually not placed at field level but starting at a certain point above field level, but I don't think I've ever seen more than half an upper part of a section filled by Sounders fans, maybe a few hundred. Caps regulars would know more precisely.