CNL: Group Stage - Window 1 (June 9th-14th, 2022)

Shway

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Haiti 3-2 was frustrating in a different way; it was more the team itself than the ref.

Other bad ones that I recall being just as emotionally frustrating were Canada vs Martinique at the start of the 2013 Gold Cup and friendlies against Australia in 2013 and against Azerbaijan in 2016.

Honduras in Montreal 

Bermuda/Montserrat match cancelled. Montserrat apparently withdrew from today's game 5 days ago? Interesting. They just defeated Bermuda 2 days ago in the Dominican Republic. Montserrat had played all 3 of their Nations League matches in the Dominican Republic and this involved travelling to Bermuda. Maybe it was financial and they preemptively cancelled?

I’m surprised people think just because Canada has a game in hand, that winning the group is a lock.  There will be alot of players on yellows in Curacao and Honduras may come to Canada without alot to play for and a better squad.

2 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I’m surprised people think just because Canada has a game in hand, that winning the group is a lock.  There will be alot of players on yellows in Curacao and Honduras may come to Canada without alot to play for and a better squad.

Nothing is ever a lock, but if we can't get 4 points away against Curacao and Home against Honduras, it would be very disappointing.

I’m sorry, I understand countries in Central America and the Caribbean are pretty poor. But these pitches are terrible and CONCACAF and fifa needs to do something about it. If it’s horrible weather the games should be rescheduled at least. CONCACAF should have people reviewing the stadiums and fields. When are we gonna get serious about this. The Canada game should have not been played . This US game muddy and holes everywhere. The fields in the Caribbean are just as bad. Even in Montreal if they played in the Big O on that hard horrible old turf that should be banned, that should be stopped.