CNL: Group Stage - Window 1 (June 9th-14th, 2022)

Shway

12 minutes ago, Shway said:

No points gained no points lost.

I thank God we don’t have to play any bogey teams.

Martinique are in League A (not our group obviously) already. There are 2 other non-FIFA nations in League B. In addition to French Guiana beating Guatemala today, Guadeloupe beat Cuba as well. There could be 3 non-FIFA nations in League A next time around if those teams keep winning and Martinique stay up.

But the most notable result today is that Costa Rica lost to Panama. No doubt Costa Rica have one eye on their World Cup Qualifier with New Zealand. I have no idea if they played a strong lineup today or not.

2 minutes ago, Kent said:

Martinique are in League A (not our group obviously) already. There are 2 other non-FIFA nations in League B. In addition to French Guiana beating Guatemala today, Guadeloupe beat Cuba as well. There could be 3 non-FIFA nations in League A next time around if those teams keep winning and Martinique stay up.

But the most notable result today is that Costa Rica lost to Panama. No doubt Costa Rica have one eye on their World Cup Qualifier with New Zealand. I have no idea if they played a strong lineup today or not.

All I know is Navas didn't play.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Curaçao are no pushovers.  They’ve played well with possession; just no finishing.

Honduras didn't look good at all as well.. That was a classic football scoreline that doesn't tell the story of the game.

Montserrat is playing their home matches in the Dominican Republic. The note on Wikipedia says their regular stadium doesn't meet CONCACAF requirements. Seems odd since they've played CONCACAF events there (Nations League in 2019).

Haiti is playing their home match against Montserrat in the Dominican Republic, which works out pretty well for Montserrat. They get to play all 3 Nations League games in June in the same location.

On 6/2/2022 at 6:40 AM, narduch said:

Nations League kicks off today. Doesn't look like One Soccer has picked up any of the games despite having the rights.

For anyone that hasn't noticed, although they aren't playing many games live, they appear to be available to watch after the fact on OneSoccer. I haven't checked to see if all games are there, but there are several games available that weren't on live.

1 minute ago, Kent said:

For anyone that hasn't noticed, although they aren't playing many games live, they appear to be available to watch after the fact on OneSoccer. I haven't checked to see if all games are there, but there are several games available that weren't on live.

I think you can watch the ones they don't cover on Concacaf YouTube