Steffen Yeates

Corazon

14 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

This is all great but let’s get serious here , this team is in serious need of players I’m all for playing Canadians but right now this team is basically a glorified CPL team .

100% and they’ve said they will add to it this summer.  In the meantime, I’ll enjoy lots of Canadians getting MLS minutes.  
Last year I repeatedly said, if Toronto is going to lose, at least lose with Canadians on the field and gaining some experience.

I’d rather see Yeates get an MLS debut than US journeyman.

FYI - With Franklin coming in, I believe that is 11 Canadians played tonight.

Edited by Corazon

9 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

This is all great but let’s get serious here , this team is in serious need of players I’m all for playing Canadians but right now this team is basically a glorified CPL team .

This is on management (ie. Manning) for not coming into the season with a full squad. There really is no excuse for that.

It's too bad the media have given them a pass on that 

16 minutes ago, narduch said:

This is on management (ie. Manning) for not coming into the season with a full squad. There really is no excuse for that.

In a rebuilding year… I don’t know, is it really that bad?

Sooo many guys left this past offseason, and to bring in 8 reasonably priced, knowing half will pan out is risky vs playing young prospects seeing what pans out and then adding to it.

I don’t like the results, but I do like seeing more Canadians and less of Mullins, Delgado, or Dwyer. 

The answer is coming in the summer….just you wait 🤭

16 minutes ago, narduch said:

Agree. Spent a pile of time and money on two designated players and just forgot to build a squad. It's clear malpractice.

21 minutes ago, Shway said:

Sooo many guys left this past offseason, and to bring in 8 reasonably priced, knowing half will pan out is risky vs playing young prospects seeing what pans out and then adding to it.

I don’t like the results, but I do like seeing more Canadians and less of Mullins, Delgado, or Dwyer. 

Yes. I think this let's them off the hook too easily. 

This isn't MLB or NHL.

31 minutes ago, Shway said:

Rebuild should've happened the second Omar Gonzalez dropped off after the run to the finals. The team has been mediocre to shit since then and because of no threat of relegation MLSE can just keep the status quo of mediocrity and then bring in Insigne and not care about the seasons in between because they'll still make money from hiking up the prices. As a TFC fan, it really is that bad. 

It's nice seeing all these young Canadians get opportunities but they're not being put in a position to succeed by being thrown into a half completed team.

He looked pretty good for a guy making his MLS debut as a player I've never heard of before he made his MLS debut....which has never happened before as far as Canadian TFC players go.

Nice to see from a Canadian player development point of view, but somewhat absurd from a TFC point of view.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I don’t know why everyone is complaining.

These things take time and obviously Bradley and co are committed to their vision and will be patient, nothing is being rushed and they’re analyzing everything. I’d rather this then panic sign all these guys who don’t work out.

I think if Salceido looked as advertised and Mavinga wasnt still in whatever Funk took him over last year, it would be no worries.  But the biggest problem from last year doesn look like it was addressed properly.  Great to see Yeates, Thompson, Kerr, Chung, McNaughton get early minutes to prove they deserve a spot in the rotation but the brass didnt do enough work in the offseason, hell if they arent going to play Westberg, trade him for another CB.    

3 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I think if Salceido looked as advertised and Mavinga wasnt still in whatever Funk took him over last year, it would be no worries.  But the biggest problem from last year doesn look like it was addressed properly.  Great to see Yeates, Thompson, Kerr, Chung, McNaughton get early minutes to prove they deserve a spot in the rotation but the brass didnt do enough work in the offseason, hell if they arent going to play Westberg, trade him for another CB.    

I won’t derail too much but I believe Salcedo is easier to get rid of cause his contract is shorter.

i do believe that Mavinga, Pozuelo and Salcedo have been either a dumpster fire or average at best. But if we’re being real, the idea of this team improving this year was nuts.

there’s still too much old guard left that is brutal.

• 7 months later...