2026 World Cup festivities

TGAA_Star

As far as the festivities go, from what I was reading online just recently that Mexico one of our fellow co hosts are trying to get the opening game 

I don't have the direct link for it because I saw it on Reddit r/worldcup but it is through Real America News

But honestly I feel like Canada we should host the opening match/opening Ceremony 

But as far as the other festivities such as the Draw Ceremony, it makes sense for USA or Mexico to host it. I would give it to Mexico for the Draw.

Closing Ceremony and the Final obviously you have to give it to the USA.

2 minutes ago, ted said:

I'm curious if you base that on any criteria other than, "I REALLY REALLY WAAAAAANT IT"? ;)

No I don't but more so because with Canada being on the rise in world football and also with our country becoming somewhat of a tourism hub for foreigners, it would be at least a good idea for us to host the opening game and or opening Ceremony.

4 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I think the opening game is a showpiece event to the world. I don't think Canada should host that

Reality is the opening and closing event will be in the USA. If there are any reports out of Mexico, I'll call bullshit. 
As we (Canada & Mexico) are just passengers for this "jOiNt BiD"....however it is what it is. Canada has zero infrastructure, and Mexico is run by the Cartels.