Luc de Fougerolles

canuckgbp

Just a few touches so far but given the quality of our defense and the speed and quality of this match.... this guy should be making our best 18 at minimum. I still cannot believe we never capped him against Japan. Even a 5 minute cameo to break the ice. 

If we value this guy and think he can give us minutes in NL this November, why not give him the debut in the friendly? Still perplexing to me.....

I hope it wasn't just window shopping and he actually wants to play for Canada. 

Edited by Obinna

I had to turn my stream off around ‘30, but yeah, this kid is real good. He’s fast, he plays smart, he seems like he’s always on top of his man the second a ball comes his way. It’s literally one half of one game in the Carabao cup, but if he’s this much of a smooth operator against one of the best teams in the championship, all at 18 in his first pro game… this kid needs to be wearing the Canada shirt tomorrow. No fucking around, get this shit wrapped up and let’s move on. 

Edited by InglewoodJack

As much as I hope this kid gets capped, part of me thinks the lack of time against Japan was down to him rather than the coach. He may be hesitant to step on the field for us at this age. I hope I am wrong, and it may not be overly cynical window shopping, but he may or may not be willing to play for us yet.

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

As much as I hope this kid gets capped, part of me thinks the lack of time against Japan was down to him rather than the coach. He may be hesitant to step on the field for us at this age. I hope I am wrong, and it may not be overly cynical window shopping, but he may or may not be willing to play for us yet.

100% this. 

For him it would make no sense to provisionally cap tie himself in a meaningless friendly. He can still cap tie if he wants in this next window or he can keep his options open longer. Theres no way we didnt think he was good enough based on his camp in japan. 

20 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah hard not to think so when you can see how good he is and you see what happened with Koleosho. The nice guy approach of letting them come in to check out the digs may need to be tweaked. 

It'll be interesting to see if he gets called in November. If he gets called again I will have real hope he wants to play and at that point it's totally on Biello if we don't get him minutes. If he isn't called then it may suggest exactly what we fear. 

Nobody can convince me now he's not good enough to play for Canada right now. 

9 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Yeah hard not to think so when you can see how good he is and you see what happened with Koleosho. The nice guy approach of letting them come in to check out the digs may need to be tweaked. 

It'll be interesting to see if he gets called in November. If he gets called again I will have real hope he wants to play and at that point it's totally on Biello if we don't get him minutes. If he isn't called then it may suggest exactly what we fear. 

Nobody can convince me now he's not good enough to play for Canada right now. 

I am not sure what you do other than let them see what it is all about by calling them into camp.  I have had the same discussion with someone else recently as well - I just don’t know what the alternative is.  I don’t see us in a position to take a hard line with young players and tell them to commit or else.  I don’t see a scenario in which we are better served not calling someone up and just hoping they choose us anyway.   The players we try to woo are the ones with options - or at least a long runway before they actually need to make a firm and binding decision.  Giving these kids an ultimatum will result in 0 recruitment gains.  

9 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Nice 6.8 rating on FotMob. Good for his first start, not spectacular enough to raise too many eyebrows. Keep it up, lad. Be mediocre only for the next 6 weeks and once you’ve got your CANMNT paperwork done, let it rip

Shit- he was bumped up to a 7. Biello better be on the Canada soccer PJ to London TONIGHT 

Just now, costarg said:

Funny, just yesterday people were saying our best option was to stick with what's been "working": Miller Vitoria and Johnston.  Crazy how much reality and common sense hits in 24 hours.  

Welcome aboard the change train guys!  Don't let the door hit you on the way in.

He looks like he will do great in a back 3.

11 minutes ago, costarg said:

Funny, just yesterday people were saying our best option was to stick with what's been "working": Miller Vitoria and Johnston.  Crazy how much reality and common sense hits in 24 hours.  

Welcome aboard the change train guys!  Don't let the door hit you on the way in.

In what world has that been "working?" I want what those guys are sippin'

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

This.