Luc de Fougerolles

canuckgbp

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

The intelligence and ball-playing skill is there.

He is more mature physically even from March.  Growing actually made him lose a bit of pace - a bit awkward - if I compare the beginning of last season to March to now. But that is coming back it looked like. Should be able to add mass.

Centre back is very much a learned position and like Bombito, he just needs reps.

We had 2 young centre backs at decent clubs, that each had a depth crisis at centre back - him and Knight-Lebel.  So they spent time on the first team bench but it also meant they couldn't go out on loan.

Knight-Lebel got his loan, hoping for the same, ideally Championship for this guy.

Honestly, I’d rather he play 2500+ minutes in League 1, than risk sitting on the bench in the Championship this coming season…

Edited by Addona

1 hour ago, Addona said:

Honestly, I’d rather he play 2500+ minutes in League 1, than risk sitting on the bench in the Championship this coming season…

I don't think he would sit on the bench if he was loaned to the right team in the Championship, but point taken in that he needs to play as much as possible. 

1 hour ago, P-O said:

I don't understand why Montreal or Toronto don't ask for a loan or buy him. He would start. And massive resale value.

Don’t know if they want this. I think Justin Smith turned down a loan to Montreal this past offseason, which considering where he ended up, and considering CFM is about to sell the 20 year old CB they actually acquired for a nice little profit, maybe not the right move for JS.

The broadcast last night said that they expect him to get loaned to the championship or higher end league one, but no clue if that’s based on any facts. Hopefully Fulham watched the game last night and had a mind to spend that Palhinia money on other positions instead. 

49 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Don’t know if they want this. I think Justin Smith turned down a loan to Montreal this past offseason, which considering where he ended up, and considering CFM is about to sell the 20 year old CB they actually acquired for a nice little profit, maybe not the right move for JS.

The broadcast last night said that they expect him to get loaned to the championship or higher end league one, but no clue if that’s based on any facts. Hopefully Fulham watched the game last night and had a mind to spend that Palhinia money on other positions instead. 

JS isn't Luc's quality.

I also hope he goes to League 1 & play 40ish games vs men.

13 minutes ago, masster said:

He didn't seem super quick to me. That was one thing I was concerned about. But im excited to see more.

He isn’t. Not sure what people are talking about when they mention his pace was impressive.  That said, he’s 18 and still developing physically so not too much of a concern imo. Needs more game time and development of the rest of his skills and his pace will likely improve anyway.

3 hours ago, P-O said:

I don't understand why Montreal or Toronto don't ask for a loan or buy him. He would start. And massive resale value.

I'm sure they have enquired.

Hope he gets a championship move though or stays and gets more minutes at fulham off the bench. Loan makes most sense and championship over MLS every day of the week for me.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I'm sure they have enquired.

Hope he gets a championship move though or stays and gets more minutes at fulham off the bench. Loan makes most sense and championship over MLS every day of the week for me.

Of course. He ain't guaranteed to play Championship.

How many 18 years old CB starts in that league?

0?

3 hours ago, P-O said:

JS isn't Luc's quality.

I also hope he goes to League 1 & play 40ish games vs men.

Exactly- if Montreal wasn’t a right fit for JS, I strongly doubt they’re a fit for the much better LDF.

Kinda hope he tries to crack the Fulham lineup. He seems close, I’d rather the risk of playing a handful of games and looking good enough to keep than getting lost in the loan carousel.

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

He isn’t. Not sure what people are talking about when they mention his pace was impressive.  That said, he’s 18 and still developing physically so not too much of a concern imo. Needs more game time and development of the rest of his skills and his pace will likely improve anyway.

Sure looked quick last night and up against Ollie Watkins last summer. 

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Kinda hope he tries to crack the Fulham lineup. He seems close, I’d rather the risk of playing a handful of games and looking good enough to keep than getting lost in the loan carousel.

No guarantee  but loans worked for Tomori and got him prepped for Chelsea.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Not in the squad for Fulham's recent friendly vs Benfica and  not part of the potential squad for the game vs Sevilla. Anyone heard any news about what the club's plans are for Luc? 

For reference -  West Ham's late Euros players are just back in training and didn't play in our friendly yesterday.

So maybe similar. 

Fulham signed a fairly young Spanish centre half from Villareal and nothing concrete on Tim Ream leaving, so here's hoping for a good loan. 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Ream heading to MLS (Charlotte) as per Bogert

Good to hear.  

Was the talk for a while, then went quiet.  Sounds like it was the Jorge Cuenca signing that made it pop to life again. 

So that would leave Fulham with Bassey, Diop and him as senior centre backs. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• 2 weeks later...