Luc de Fougerolles

canuckgbp

1 minute ago, AvroArrow said:

Played well.  Marshe has a tendency to sub out players on yellows, so that may have gotten him subbed along with the potential desire to bring on some experience.

Grew into the game, some important tackles in the box, stayed with their attackers and good distribution. 

Hopefully means a good loan move, he could stay on the bench but Fulham should have some money to get another CB. 

1 hour ago, ahmedou said:

Surprised to not see posts about him from today July 13th 2024...

I'm posting this post before everyone else!

I want to see posts on his topic right now!

Goes into the pillory by about minute 15 if I have my way.  Gets a nod and a slap on the back by the final whistle.

He's got some in him.  

P.S.  And how great was it seeing Ali talking him up.  Ha!

Probably the best CB prospect we’ve ever had at this age? Can’t recall us ever starting someone that young at CB. 

Incredible experience for him these past couple months. Now it’s up to him to earn some first team football at a good level. A League 1 or 2 loan would be a shame because it’ll push him down the depth chart in the short term imo. 

25 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Probably the best CB prospect we’ve ever had at this age? Can’t recall us ever starting someone that young at CB. 

Incredible experience for him these past couple months. Now it’s up to him to earn some first team football at a good level. A League 1 or 2 loan would be a shame because it’ll push him down the depth chart in the short term imo. 

David Edgar?

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

David Edgar?

Shockingly didn’t get his first cap until a few months before his 24th birthday. When people say our depth has improved they forget we had a player in the premier league who we just didn’t call for years, yet now we have a 18 year old CB who hasn’t played a league match start for us. Ironic. 

Edit: Doneil Henry got his first cap at 19 (friendly v T&T). Straith was also capped at 19 but we used him as RB. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

8 hours ago, Bigandy said:

Many people posted that he’s just some prospect who is our 26th ish player. Not here on merit. I think his performance proves that he is now our 2nd choice at rcb after bombito.  

Where does everyone else rate him in our depth chart?  

Is he our third best CB? Kamal Miller has good moments, but I was really impressed with how precise his tackles were. Couple plays I was bracing for a card, but the replay showed he timed it perfectly. Takes a lot of confidence to take the ball off of a player like Darwin Nunez in the box so aggressively. Think Fulham should take note of how he looks against top premier league players and keep that in mind as next season starts.

28 minutes ago, frattinator said:

I could be wrong but this officially cap tie him to us for good right? Regardless of his age given it happened in the Copa Finals? 

Played in the finals of a continental tournament which I believe means he is officially forever Canadian.

16 minutes ago, narduch said:

Not to be a wet blanket but he definitely needs to start getting professional minutes 

Hopefully he gets loaned to a team at a decent level before the start of the season.  He showed he could compete vs Ipswich in the 1 cup game he played and yesterday vs much stronger opposition. I really like how he steps up into gaps with the ball to open up passing options.  Not slow, looks at least 6' now, good on the ball and what a tackle on Nunez. Can't expect much more from an 18yr old CB with 1 pro game.

The intelligence and ball-playing skill is there.

He is more mature physically even from March.  Growing actually made him lose a bit of pace - a bit awkward - if I compare the beginning of last season to March to now. But that is coming back it looked like. Should be able to add mass.

Centre back is very much a learned position and like Bombito, he just needs reps.

We had 2 young centre backs at decent clubs, that each had a depth crisis at centre back - him and Knight-Lebel.  So they spent time on the first team bench but it also meant they couldn't go out on loan.

Knight-Lebel got his loan, hoping for the same, ideally Championship for this guy.

The fact that LDF is only 18 is shocking if from the standpoint that he looks poised and looked rather effective out there...it only speaks to just how good he can be especially heading to 2026 where he will be 20 years old by the time the tournament starts in our backyard.

Would it be crazy for him to remain and Fulham and get minutes? He made the bench over a dozen times last year and played a full 90 in the League Cup. Now, he just won his 2nd cap defending Darwin Nuñez in a 2-2 regulation draw with Uruguay in the Copa America. If you're Fulham, you must have watched that and questioned whether he is ready for EPL minutes now, no?

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Would it be crazy for him to remain and Fulham and get minutes? He made the bench over a dozen times last year and played a full 90 in the League Cup. Now, he just won his 2nd cap defending Darwin Nuñez in a 2-2 regulation draw with Uruguay in the Copa America. If you're Fulham, you must have watched that and questioned whether he is ready for EPL minutes now, no?

I think they will give him a shot in preseason and if they don’t think he is fully ready, they will loan him in August, likely to a Championship squad or similar level in Europe.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

He could.

They are light there, especially if Ream goes to Charlotte.  

But you have to think they use some of the Palhinha money to buy 1 maybe 2 centrebacks.