Première Ligue de Soccer du Québec 2022

• 1 month later...

CF Montreal premieres with a 8-0 victory over Ottawa South United. Familiar names, Mamadou Ba (ATO) Keesean Ferdinand (ATO), Mael Henry, Jeremie Omeonga and Joey Saputo subbed in at the 63 minute mark.

Blainville had another lopsided win, 9-1 with PLSQ legend Pierre Rudolph Mayard scoring 2 goals.

15 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

CF Montreal premieres with a 8-0 victory over Ottawa South United. Familiar names, Mamadou Ba (ATO) Keesean Ferdinand (ATO), Mael Henry, Jeremie Omeonga and Joey Saputo subbed in at the 63 minute mark.

Blainville had another lopsided win, 9-1 with PLSQ legend Pierre Rudolph Mayard scoring 2 goals.

Hopefully a case of nepotism rather than emulating the Surinam club in the CONCACAF League.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Obinna said:

When does PLSQ rebrand to League 1 Quebec? My OCD gets triggered whenever I see they haven't made the change yet. 

I want more clubs in the 819 & 418. Might take 10 years to make them competitive, or never, but that's where we'll grow the game where immigration is thin in the province.

So many schools are offering sports-etudes soccer.

On 2/16/2023 at 2:17 PM, P-O said:

I want more clubs in the 819 & 418. Might take 10 years to make them competitive, or never, but that's where we'll grow the game where immigration is thin in the province.

So many schools are offering sports-etudes soccer.

Sure, but what about the branding issue? We have League 1 Ontario, League 1 BC, and soon we'll be adding League 1 Alberta. Why haven't we changed the name from PLSQ to League 1 Quebec? That's what I was asking. Have you (or anyone) heard anything about that recently?

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

Sure, but what about the branding issue? We have League 1 Ontario, League 1 BC, and soon we'll be adding League 1 Alberta. Why haven't we changed the name from PLSQ to League 1 Quebec? That's what I was asking. Have you (or anyone) heard anything about that recently?

From this Twitter thread based off an interview with a Soccer Quebec rep, they're going to rebrand to Ligue1 Quebec

Edited by rydermike

Honestly, I thought we were never going to get L1Q as a name. I assumed Quebec would just claim language difference to have a different name. Like, in hockey we have WHL for the west, OHL for Ontario, but QMJHL for Quebec (I think in French it might be something like LHJMQ).