Fringe/Youth players would you like to see during Nations League

SpecialK

21 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

I think we see a mostly A squad from here on out. Probably some bigger camp sizes to include some fringe players like Edwards, Mcnaughton, Luca Petrasso etc or duals like Jebbison or Flores. I also highly, highly doubt we see any CPL inclusion. 

you go basically full out for a trophy and you also play the big boys in big name friendlies. 

That we one of the things that frustrated me with the media - they had tons of time with Herdman post qualification and during the draw, and no one (AFAIK) tried to get him to articulate his approach to the coming NL games.  “A” team for WC tune up? “B” team  for depth?  Mix of the two?  Expanded camp at the same time? 

Now maybe it was asked/answered (or evaded) and I just missed it but it seems like that would be known better here.  It would have been an easy question to anticipate and shouldn’t be a big secret.  

This is not the time to mess around with fringe players outside if filling spots because of a break needed by some after a long season in Europe. There will be limited opportunities to get the squad together in the lead up to November so the opportunities can not be wasted. I am sure Herdman will want to have his "A" together as much a possible to gear things up. 

Edited by Cblake

45 minutes ago, Cblake said:

This is not the time to mess around with fringe players outside if filling spots because of a break needed by some after a long season in Europe. There will be limited opportunities to get the squad together in the lead up to November so the opportunities can not be wasted. I am sure Herdman will want to have his "A" together as much a possible to gear things up. 

Managing key A guys after a long (and emotional) season, not to forget a shorter club off season due to this Qatar anomaly, will factor into which others may be brought on board for this NL. 

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

That we one of the things that frustrated me with the media - they had tons of time with Herdman post qualification and during the draw, and no one (AFAIK) tried to get him to articulate his approach to the coming NL games.  “A” team for WC tune up? “B” team  for depth?  Mix of the two?  Expanded camp at the same time? 

Now maybe it was asked/answered (or evaded) and I just missed it but it seems like that would be known better here.  It would have been an easy question to anticipate and shouldn’t be a big secret.  

He has already touched on and hinted at what to expect in a few interviews that have followed qualifying.

The first one I heard him asked about friendlies (and nations league) was with TSN, where he made it sound like he'll be bringing the best players possible. He was talking about Davies possibly missing due to a deep UCL run (and he wouldn't bring that up unless he was considering his top guys.

The second time I heard him interviewed, with one soccer, he brought up the possibility of bringing in new players (and testing new tactics).

Honestly, I don't think he can say for sure yet how he'll approach it, but now with the scheduling coming out soon we should get more clarity soon.

As of right now, I am splitting the difference and expecting a strong squad with a sprinkle of fringe or new players. 

And fwiw, apparently Berhalter is saying he's going to be bringing his best team for NL. They also have 2 friendlies played (one against Uruguay).

Edited by Obinna