Fringe/Youth players would you like to see during Nations League

SpecialK

• SpecialK changed the title to Fringe/Youth players would you like to see during Nations League

20 hours ago, Shway said:

I would like to see a mix of fringe A team guys mixed with on the cusps. 

A-/fringe:

- Kaye
- Piette
- Kennedy
- Fraser
- Millar
- Cornelius 
- Ugbo

Newcomers/low capped:

- Edwards
- Gutierrez
- Waterman
- McNaughton
- ZBG

- Kone
- Paton
- Petrasso
- Ennin
- Corbeanu 
- Brym

If they commit:

- Jebbison
- Mitrovic 
- Flores

My list from the nations league thread, that covered this same thread. 

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Leutwiler

I actually really like him but I think Leutwiler's time might be done.

I'd want to see any of St. Clair, Breza, Pantemis and Hasal in action over him.

You can't be riding the pine in League 2 and expect a call.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Julian Dunn - if he's starting every week at centreback in Elitserien, he needs to be brought into the pool over a guy like Sturing.

and if we're going with the heart, bring Kyle Bekker into the fold ❤️ 

I also think it would be funny to bring Cristian Campagna into a camp to actually dress/play.

Edited by Pottsy3

4 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I actually really like him but I think Leutwiler's time might be done.

I'd want to see any of St. Clair, Breza, Pantemis and Hasal in action over him.

You can't be riding the pine in League 2 and expect a call.

He would be great for the young goalies coming up during Nations league. 

he would be great in the CPL and an backup for a MLS. 

23 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

Simon Thomas. Starting for Tromso. Starting for top div in Norway has to be CNL worthy no?

How about Ricardo Ferreira too?

Over 30, and our ready made backup is younger. It’s better to explore younger options that are plying their trade in our backyard…Breza, Hasal, DSC.

7 hours ago, Boominbooty said:

Simon Thomas. Starting for Tromso. Starting for top div in Norway has to be CNL worthy no?

I love Simon Thomas and have defended his inclusion in the past, but he's only starting right now as their goalkeeper number one is out with an injury. That keeper is expected to be back in two weeks, then Thomas is probably back to his usual backup role.

If it were a more important tournament and guys like Crepeau/Borjan/St Clair were out, I would want a guy like Thomas/Leutwiler around as a sturdy presence and a guy who we can trust starting in a pinch. However, I feel like we may be more likely to trust the kids for Nations League.

Tom Heward-Belle might be an interesting keeper choice if we're forced to dig deep into our keeper pool, but I would expect the domestic based guys like DSC, Hasal, Breza, Pantemis, Sirois to all be called ahead of him.

Remember everyone - we got Nations league , Friendlies , U20/23. From now until the World Cup we are gonna need a ton of players ! Plus club football. I wouldn’t be surprised we see 60-80 players in some form. If herdman and the CSA are smart. They will be calling in everyone and calling every dual national for one last pitch. We need to have the best team possible. 

I think we see a mostly A squad from here on out. Probably some bigger camp sizes to include some fringe players like Edwards, Mcnaughton, Luca Petrasso etc or duals like Jebbison or Flores. I also highly, highly doubt we see any CPL inclusion. 

you go basically full out for a trophy and you also play the big boys in big name friendlies. 

9 hours ago, Shway said:

How about Ricardo Ferreira too?

Over 30, and our ready made backup is younger. It’s better to explore younger options that are plying their trade in our backyard…Breza, Hasal, DSC.

At least Thomas is currently starting. Not implausible. I appreciate you want young guys but you also might want someone who has been around the block once among the three keepers. 
if we are in a pinch I would  roll out Thomas ahead of Hasal 9/10 times 

1 hour ago, Boominbooty said:

At least Thomas is currently starting. Not implausible. I appreciate you want young guys but you also might want someone who has been around the block once among the three keepers. 
if we are in a pinch I would  roll out Thomas ahead of Hasal 9/10 times 

He made his way around the block veryyyyy slowwwly. Made his pro debut in 2015 as a 25yo and has 80 apps today. In the past 4 seasons he's played under 20 games.

I definitely wouldn't call Hasal....but if Thomas is being considered I would choose Leutwiler, St. Clair, Pantemis, or Breza before him.

I've seen experience get used around here very loosely. I think experience is only relative to the standard in comparison, and not indicative of being a professional who's just been around.

Edited by Shway

12 hours ago, Shway said:

I definitely wouldn't call Hasal....but if Thomas is being considered I would choose Leutwiler, St. Clair, Pantemis, or Breza before him.

Hasal is the clear number 1 in Vancouver with a good keeper coach and a journeyman vet as a once in a while relief starter backing him up.  Barring injury, he'll get lots of matches under his belt and could move up the pecking order for NL.  Breza and Pantemis (and I'm not big on him) might play off of each other while Heath might on a whim go back to the overrated veteran Miller this year.  I think Hasal is in a better spot to hone his craft this season.

Edited by BearcatSA