Canada Pre-World Cup "friendlies" thread: news, gossip and speculation.

Califax

In all honesty, is the only problem with Earl Cochrane, that the CSA spent 100,000.00 to find someone fill his position only to hire Earl who already worked at the CSA?

Because I listened to his interview today, and as someone who knows little of his baggage, first impressions of him were pretty positive. Seemed to be genuinely trying to fix things with the players and if he gets some friendlies in September with the current mess( I’ll believe when I see it) , that’s a good start isn’t it ? 

Edited by Red2334

4 hours ago, Red2334 said:

In all honesty, is the only problem with Earl Cochrane, that the CSA spent 100,000.00 to find someone fill his position only to hire Earl who already worked at the CSA?

Because I listened to his interview today, and as someone who knows little of his baggage, first impressions of him were pretty positive. Seemed to be genuinely trying to fix things with the players and if he gets some friendlies in September with the current mess( I’ll believe when I see it) , that’s a good start isn’t it ? 

As someone who watched him work at the “worst team in the world” for quite a long time I can say that he’s just as incompetent as the CSA has traditionally been. So a good match if you like a total fuck up. I think you said it all when you say that you don’t know about his baggage. 

9 hours ago, Red2334 said:

I don't have time to go through his entire resume. The guy is a liar and a pariah.

He was in the TFC front office during its lowest points. Nobody respects him and the fact that the CSA hired him and kept him on all these years should be a major red flag.

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

I don't have time to go through his entire resume. The guy is a liar and a pariah.

He was in the TFC front office during its lowest points. Nobody respects him and the fact that the CSA hired him and kept him on all these years should be a major red flag.

So looking like Mike Ehrmantraut's younger brother doesn't do it for you?

42 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

Herdman said "we're 5 matches away from a World Cup" in this interview posted today (pre-Honduras). Did he misspoke or are they actually planning on playing 4 more games after Honduras before Qatar? 2 games in September and...?

Perhaps 3 in September and 1 in November in Qatar/Europe the week prior to the WC?

1 hour ago, Ally McCoist said:

Herdman said "we're 5 matches away from a World Cup" in this interview posted today (pre-Honduras). Did he misspoke or are they actually planning on playing 4 more games after Honduras before Qatar? 2 games in September and...?

I caught that too. I hope it's not a mental error but rather he let out a secret. 5 games would be great.

On another note, he smiled a couple times in that clip. I'm wondering if he's getting his spirit back. Jeeze, that video before the Curacao game was depressing.

Just a heads up (related very tangentially to possible WC friendly opponents), TSN is showing both the Australia-Peru WC playoff match tomorrow and the Costa Rica-NZ one on Tuesday, including pre and post-game shows. I stumbled upon this info on the MLS site so not sure how well known this is.

Cue 17,423 separate threads on the Voyageurs Facebook group complaining that TSN are showing these games but not Canada's match against Honduras......