Canada Pre-World Cup "friendlies" thread: news, gossip and speculation.

Califax

7 minutes ago, CCrTFC said:

The fact that they were even to get someone is a win in itself. They're also decent opponents. The only real drawback is the frequency with which we play them.

What if I told you we haven’t even played them 20 times in our history. 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

People who complained about Canada Soccer messing up with Iran (me included) should be giving them credit for trying to fix the problem.  

I am very happy for the people that had flights booked for the June 5th weekend, now they have a Canada match to watch if they did not , Vancouver in June is not the worst place in the world to visit, quite beautiful if you ask me. Enjoy !

Happy they got it replaced. Definitely better than nothing, but personally won't be going to see Panama. I luckily never had my travel arranged so I am not out anything, besides my Iran tickets of course (which I assume the CSA will reimburse). 

To those going: enjoy it, represent us well, and give the boys all the support they deserve!

6 hours ago, Metro said:

Great to hear. Panama it is, apparently.

I know this has been a disappointing experience but I’m just happy we’ll see our Nats play this Sunday. I’ve been following Canadian soccer since the late 80s and I’ve long discovered the only bad Canadian soccer is no Canadian soccer.

Enjoy the $400K Panama!!!

Remember that deal doesn't have to be repeated. 

It was 200k for costs and the other half the appearance fee. 

Reports say they are taking a charter flight on Friday morning, so we helped set that up. For a 30+ expedition that's near 100k right there.