Poll: Canada's 2022 World Cup anthem

Poll: Canada's 2022 World Cup anthem  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Supa G track should the Canadian men's national team use as their 2022 World Cup anthem?

• Ready Fi Novemba
    • Taka Taka

After his masterful 2014 performance in "Benny's, Your Number One Store (Yo Gat Dat Right!)" – a postmodern ode to the Belizean superstore chain – Canada's 2022 World Cup anthem must certainly be a Supa G track. But which will it be: "Ready Fi Novemba", or "Taka Taka"?

Ready Fi November:

Taka Taka:

On 4/2/2022 at 8:24 AM, Blue and White Army said:

The floor's all yours, unless of course you're just here to have a moan and crush the spirit of this thread.

I am not crushing any ones spirit. i just want something we the supporters created . I am sure some of us must know some people in the music biz

I think, given that we last qualified in the mid-80s, we have to go with a Canadian track released in the mid-80s. Here are a few unbelievably incredibly serious suggestions:

Honeymoon Suite - because it's time to Feel It Again, I thought that this World Cup drought would never end...

Scratching the Surface by Saga, since the our boys underwent a new experience to get us there, and they are a machine to fear.

Just Like You by FM - just because it would be cool to dress like (Martin) Nash the Slash in the stands in the heat of Qatar:

Cats Can Fly - Flipping to the A Side, just because I can picture Eustaquio doing the background vocals on a cover version of this and our boys can certainly Fly:

We Run - Strange Advance - self explanatory methinks (and I hear this band reformed just in time for the 2022 World Cup)

A modern hymn.  One of trhe Wee Elf's favourates.   

A bit dated but here's for all you Hibs out there.  Anguish and rejoice which, I think, translates very well to the troubles of Canada supports over the decades and eventually led into these happier days. 

Edited by Cheeta