WCQ: Panama v Canada - Wednesday, March 30, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - Panama City

narduch

24 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Herdman seems really set on having a right-footed player playing in the middle of back 3 or as the RCB in a back 4. I don't think we've seen Kennedy, Miller, or Cornelius in that spot, despite sometimes being the obvious option. As far as I can remember, only Vitoria, Henry and Atiba have played in that spot.

Maybe it’s harder for a left footer to outlet to Eustaquio, who tends to be on the right side.  Even if a left footer gets the pass off across their body, it probably doesn’t set up as well. The alternatives are either Kaye as your primary outlet (no thank you) or Eustaquio and Kaye swapping sides (also not ideal.).

At least there’s some rotation, I wanted to see a few more guys  play that usually don’t start. Hopefully Ugbo/Millar/Gutierrez get extended sub minutes.

I can’t believe we’re at the end of qualifying though. Insane how we went from almost getting screwed over by the old format to topping the octo.  Let’s get to 31 points!

Just now, Ally McCoist said:

What was the point of all the hype over Ugbo back in November if Herdman won't even start him here.  

Because he is a good player still... also means a lot for a player like that to come out of the woods and want to play for Canada when they had other options.

4 minutes ago, Cblake said:

It is crazy to think, Hutch is the only player on the roster tonight who was alive the last time Canada played in the World Cup in 1986. 

Yep, just another thing that Atiba and I share.  It's like we're twins.  Almost identical.

4 minutes ago, footballfreak said:

Probably good for both sides that Barcenas and Laryea aren’t on the field after what happened last time. 

Yeah Panama not leaving the field wasn't very classy. Id feel better if Henry were on tonight.

1 minute ago, Redpunkfiddle said:

Looking forward to at long last hoisting the Golden Octogonal tonight.

Yep.  The only trophy more revered or more prestigious than the Golden Octogonal would have to be that weird tube trophy used for the World Cup of Hockey in the late 90s that one time.  All other trophies are just trinkets.