WCQ: Panama v Canada - Wednesday, March 30, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - Panama City

narduch

9 minutes ago, jonovision said:

^ Any of you eagle-eyed enough to pick out if Atiba or Borjan are there?

(I'm mostly joking).

On the airplane pic earlier in this thread there is a seat laid out for Hutchinson. So I think it's safe to assume he's there

Edited by narduch

12 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Time for Canada   to upgrade their stadiums. I hope we don't wait until 2026 to get to it

Are you saying Rommel Fernandez is an upgrade on our stadiums? I’d beg to differ. Even having been at Costa Rica’s stadium Thursday, which is considered the most modern in Central America, it’s not nearly as nice as BMO.

5 hours ago, Cblake said:

I see Herdman now going all out with something big on the line.

Why would anyone think Herdman wasn't planning on, "going all out"? It's not his style.

That said, using his bench is still a good idea to get more players time in big games and rest others. Our bench is so strong I feel like they can go all out and get the win.

2 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

I'm sad that after this game we won't see this team play for ~2.5 months.  

After Friday's done, I will legit have nothing to look forward to.

What about a world cup.... I'm excited that we will see our team play strong teams from other regions in friendlies leading to the main event, that's exciting to me

The next few months we get to watch all our boys on the inside and outside track of the program work their asses off for their club teams to get in top form to hopefully make the squad for Qatar. It's going to be fun to keep track all the way up til November.

11 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Are you saying Rommel Fernandez is an upgrade on our stadiums? I’d beg to differ. Even having been at Costa Rica’s stadium Thursday, which is considered the most modern in Central America, it’s not nearly as nice as BMO.

upgrade as in capacity

Starting to get really excited for this game. Knowing what we have at stake and already having qualified, this is a sentence I didn’t anticipate writing many months ago. Even if this game had no importance, to end on a winning note is important (or at least a draw). Don’t want to have a sub .500 record in any window.  Getting over 30 points too. Big statement.

5 minutes ago, king1010 said:

It's 32,000 seats. 

3K more than BMO? Way less than Commonwealth and BC Place. 

It also has a terrible running track so the 32K seats all have terrible views. 

Let me be specific. BMO being in Canada's largest city and with demographics that can generate a massive fan base should be much larger than 29K. I get that TFC has not been on fire the last few years but presumably  mgt are going for increased attendance with the signing of Insigne. A stand at the north side (I know the Argos) and a 2nd level on the south end, would get us to +40K?.  Re Commonwealth it needs upgraded facilities and a grass pitch. BC place needs a grass pitch. This will all be required if those 3 cities are hosting WC games in 2026 so why not get cracking sooner rather than later.  Open ends at BMO and @ Commonwealth stadium just don't give them a soccer feel. If Canada can sustain it's level of quality and continue to improve, we are going to have to upgrade the soccer infrastructure in this country to accommodate the increased fan base.

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

Let me be specific. BMO being in Canada's largest city and with demographics that can generate a massive fan base should be much larger than 29K. I get that TFC has not been on fire the last few years but presumably  mgt are going for increased attendance with the signing of Insigne. A stand at the north side (I know the Argos) and a 2nd level on the south end, would get us to +40K?.  Re Commonwealth it needs upgraded facilities and a grass pitch. BC place needs a grass pitch. This will all be required if those 3 cities are hosting WC games in 2026 so why not get cracking sooner rather than later.  Open ends at BMO and @ Commonwealth stadium just don't give them a soccer feel. If Canada can sustain it's level of quality and continue to improve, we are going to have to upgrade the soccer infrastructure in this country to accommodate the increased fan base.

Under it's current configuration, BMO can hold up to 31K~ for TFC (this includes the sometimes-present bleachers under the scoreboard and standing room areas). It upgraded from 20K~ seven years ago, and will do so again within four years.

Regarding Commonwealth, there are no open ends. It's a completely closed stadium, seating-wise.