WCQ: Panama v Canada - Wednesday, March 30, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - Panama City

narduch

3 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Does anyone else think it was a bizarre decision to start Cavallini? I'm not one to question Herdman's decisions much but it's almost like we're giving our loyalty rewards or something. Does anyone think he's good enough to be starting against non-minnows? He's been a total bust at Vancouver. I don't get it.

and no I dont necessarily think he was the difference between winning and losing or anything. Just find it strange. 

100% a loyalty cap. I do not see a place for Cav in a 23-man squad, and even 26 is touch and go.

I'm definitely going to turn the page on this game and likely completely forget about and get ready for Friday morning. But.... lets get real, we're gonna need all the help we can get so yes pot 3 and pot 4 does matter. Im gonna party regardless during the WC but we're not going to be the world's darling like people trying to tell us. We could get filled in every game and be a total footnote

Edited by SpursFlu

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

Feel bad for Gutierrez, Cornelius and Millar. All those miles and Herdman didn't feel like giving them any chances.

If people are looking to Qatar.  It’s quite clear that those 3 players are the fringe players on this current squad.

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

Feel bad for Gutierrez, Cornelius and Millar. All those miles and Herdman didn't feel like giving them any chances.

Yeah I feel like Guti knows he's on the outside but Millar has cut his teeth and contributed before and is playing at a fairly high level and Cornelius should feel a bit short changed given our CB deficit.

Well we pretty much know our most dangerous lineup.

Our attack is so much less lethal without pace up top.  When we have Cav in he doesn't have enough pace and his hold up play not nearly as good as someone like Larin.

Would like to see Ugbo get a start in nations league to see if he can be a decent fill in for Larin.

I don't think we want Atiba at centre half in Qatar.  He's fine back there but would prefer Vitoria (when healthy), or even Kennedy.  I guess we wanted a right footed player to play with Miller and Johnston so he started.

Hoilett is the ultimate super sub, changes up the game when he comes in.

2 minutes ago, footballfreak said:

100% a loyalty cap. I do not see a place for Cav in a 23-man squad, and even 26 is touch and go.

He looked good in the cameos in the other two games and has been better for the caps recently. Blew it tonight but he certainly wasn't alone.

The door is open for Akinola, Jebbison or someone else if they can impress. 

3 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Couldve easily started cornelius this game and subbed on millar

Agreed … kinda bad karma for the “brotherhood”.   As much as Atiba is a legend, and how much we are love him, Canada is 0 for 2 with him as a CB.   Herdsman got it wrong.  Still World Cup here we come 🎉

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

I watched Senegal vs Egypt. They don't offer a whole lot either. Less than the sum of their parts.

So did I. You might be right. Its just surreal to go and say that we might be ok against perennial WC teams. 

They are also not gonna have those lasers in Qatar. 

The guy flapping at those crosses in the second half wasn't the same guy playing goal for the Caps last year, was it?

Made that good 1 v 1 save (though I have seen craftier attackers drawing a penalty out of those), but I was not inspired from what I saw tonight, frankly.  Didn't seem to have presence out there.  

Just now, BearcatSA said:

The guy flapping at those crosses in the second half wasn't the same guy playing goal for the Caps last year, was it?

Made that good 1 v 1 save (though I have seen craftier attackers drawing a penalty out of those), but I was not inspired from what I saw tonight, frankly.  Didn't seem to have presence out there.  

He’s always been a liability on corners and crosses IMO.