WCQ: Panama v Canada - Wednesday, March 30, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - Panama City

narduch

11 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Poland has arguably the best player in the world

Fair. But I rather have their best player be a CF. If done right he can be easily isolated. 

Also Poland has never advanced in any WC. Their best finish was almost 20 years ago when they finished 3rd. 

4 minutes ago, Vasi said:

Fair. But I rather have their best player be a CF. If done right he can be easily isolated. 

Also Poland has never advanced in any WC. Their best finish was almost 20 years ago when they finished 3rd. 

Yeah that's true but Poland do have other players and if you put them against Canada, the main problem would be Lewandowski or trying to shut him down

16 minutes ago, top cheese said:

No disrespect to Atiba but he doesn't have the pace to play as a CB in a back 4.

Speaking of which, it was hilarious when Wheeler said something along the lines of "39 years old but still has pace" while a defender caught up to Panamanian attack last night, only for him to then realize that the bald-headed defender he was watching was Kamal Miller and not Atiba.

1 minute ago, BearcatSA said:

I will be brutally honest:  handwringing about three guys not seeing any minutes in this window sounds like rep soccer parent talk on the sidelines.

They're pros.  They need to deal with it.   

I get that, this was WCQ not recreational soccer, my issue is why call Millar and Cornelius from teams in Europe if you are not going to use them? I certainly would have liked to see if Millar's good form in the Swiss league would be apparent in these matches and that was maybe an opportunity lost! JH experimented with a player who had 4 professional starts and reinstated a player who badly let the team down in a crucial qualifying match with a foolish second yellow! Add to that playing an out of form striker and a midfielder at CB, I have to question his decisions, the players who had played most or all of the first 2 games looked leggy!

1 minute ago, Pottsy3 said:

Speaking of which, it was hilarious when Wheeler said something along the lines of "39 years old but still has pace" while a defender caught up to Panamanian attack last night, only for him to then realize that the bald-headed defender he was watching was Kamal Miller and not Atiba.

Oops😳

6 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Yes he messed up and as someone pointed out the hand cast should be a giveaway but in fairness the stadium lighting was poor there affecting the picture from the broadcast which Wheeler was viewing and watching from behind the baldheaded dudes could be mixed up, I thought it was Atiba at first as well!

12 minutes ago, gator said:

I get that, this was WCQ not recreational soccer, my issue is why call Millar and Cornelius from teams in Europe if you are not going to use them? I certainly would have liked to see if Millar's good form in the Swiss league would be apparent in these matches and that was maybe an opportunity lost! 

Maybe he planned to use all three in the second half, as well as Fraser, but the very early goal concession changed the situation?  Who knows?  

47 minutes ago, Vasi said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence when you contradict it by correctly pointing out that they finished 3rd (which obviously means that they had advanced to get to 3rd). Their best finish were well over 20 years ago though, more like 40 and 48 years ago (1982 and 1974, respectively)

47 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence when you contradict it by correctly pointing out that they finished 3rd (which obviously means that they had advanced to get to 3rd). Their best finish were well over 20 years ago though, more like 40 and 48 years ago (1982 and 1974, respectively)

You are right, I should have made myself more clear. They finished 3rd in 82......I was referring to modern football, and referring to 3rd in a group of 4. 

Since the 1982 world cup in  Spain, they qualified 4 times to the would cup (not including Qatar), and have a record of 4-1-8 and have a - 15 GD. If you look at recent performance, I would like Poland in my group. 

4 hours ago, vancanman said:

I'd like Costa Rica as well, so we can have a couple of loons handy to call into a megaphone while we play their seven-minute extended disco mix anthem at double speed.  Wankers.

Can’t play Costa Rica in the group. Pot 1 teams are USA, Mexico, Canada, and Costa Rica. Full pots should be released when they update the CONCACAF ranking index.