Qatar Roster Selection

mrstepp817

But out of your breakdown, my list of a 26 man squad has changed and my changes being

GK- Borjan (starting #1), Crepeau (2nd choice), St Clair (#3 choice goalkeeper) (3)

LB- Adekugbe, Gutierrez (2)

CB- Kennedy, Miller, Henry, Vitoria (4)

RB- Johnston, ZBG, Laryea (3)

Midfielders- Eustaquio, Piette, Wotherspoon, Kone, Hutchinson, Kaye, Osorio (7)

Wingers- Davies, Buchanan, David (3)

Strikers- Larin, Ugbo, Cavallini, Rutty (4)

Which would round out my 26 players...youngest players in the team being Kone and Rutty...I want teenagers in my squad especially ones who are highly rated

Plus haven't there been teenage players in almost every World Cup squad throughout history at every World Cup? So I'm continuing that tradition here

Edited by TGAA_Star
X

22 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

But out of your breakdown, my list of a 26 man squad has changed and my changes being

GK- Borjan (starting #1), Crepeau (2nd choice), St Clair (#3 choice goalkeeper) (3)

Wingers- Davies, Millar, David (3)

Which would round out my 26 players...youngest players in the team being Kone and Rutty...I want teenagers in my squad especially ones who are highly rated

Plus haven't there been teenage players in almost every World Cup squad throughout history at every World Cup? So I'm continuing that tradition here

no Tajon?

Like the idea of a teenager but hard to see that being Rutty over Millar this late in the game. Liam is going from strength to strength at Basel and Rutty is, as far as I know, not playing for TFC. Maybe he gets healthy, plays in Nations League and makes a case at the 11th hour, but Millar has been a regular call up ever since 2018. He knows the system and the group. I just think he has too much of an advantage over Rutty, plus he is direct and goal dangerous in a way Rutty isn't. 

Kone will fill the teenager quota, if anyone does.

13 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Wingers- Davies, Buchanan, David (3)

I have doubts about some of your picks:

ZGB can't get off the bench for Montreal but you want to give him a place on the NT? Sorry, no way.

The hype has gone overboard with Kone. Yeah his profile is mouth-watering but he won't be ready by November. Watch Montreal play. He commits numerous brain farts. His passing is both his strongest and weakest skill. At times he makes sublime passes. Other times those sublime passes are to the opposing players.

Rutty is not ready.

Gutierrez? Can't crack the Whitecaps but you want him on the NT?

Players you have forgotten:

Hoilett, Edwards, Fraser, Millar, Paton, Cornelius and I think Akinola will play himself onto this team.