Oh Canada Oh Baby ( : The dream is now a reality, Canada is going back to the World Cup after 36 long years !!!!!

Cblake

2 hours ago, lbula17 said:

My kid asked me for him to stay home on Friday to watch the draw. I immediately called the school and told them that he could not attend on friday!

Same. My wife asked me if I thought watching a soccer draw was more important than his education. She didn't like the answer. We are ordering in take-out for lunch.

7 minutes ago, StretchArmstrong said:

Same. My wife asked me if I thought watching a soccer draw was more important than his education. She didn't like the answer. We are ordering in take-out for lunch.

Thank you for reminding me to schedule an important "client meeting" from 11 am - 12 pm.

Edited by Metro

An emotional day watching all the hype. I’m not sure how I feel. I’m conflicted. All those years watching this team on tape delay from what looked like a camcorder in the middle of the night. The ups and downs (mostly downs). Experiencing the heartbreak all by myself. Cheering for a team in isolation. Nobody else ever cared and they generally made fun of me for caring. In lieu of success, my support came in different ways. Travelling to England to watch Stalteri play against Radzinski in the Premiership. Watching Newcastle every weekend hoping to see if Edgar could get on the pitch. That’s how I followed.  Always by myself. Reading this forum for so many years has been the only avenue. Anyone remember when it was just a long string without categories? 

Even over the last year. Friends making fun of diving, low scoring games, dismissing it because the players are ‘stolen from other countries’. They are not actually Canadian. 

Now suddenly everyone is on the bandwagon. Everyone acting like they were there all along. 

I’m over the moon happy of course. I flew to Toronto this weekend. And to Edmonton last fall. But I can’t help be a little emotional about the journey seeing the country finally caring about our boys. I wish they had cared all along. 

I feel like I need to celebrate alone and I instinctively don’t want to engage in the conversation with others who are finally showing interest. It’s a different feeling than it might be in other circumstances when your team wins. I guess I should expect it to be different. Being a supporter has been different. 

thank you to everyone here for being there and sharing the passion. 

I just lost my first printing Voyageurs scarf. Dammit. 

I just finished watching the broadcast of the match which I recorded because I was at BMO for the event, what a great day and one I will never forget! I have never seen BMO like that before with virtually the whole crowd standing and singing, everyone was so in to this monumental occasion and you could feel the energy from start to finish, it definitely was quite emotional especially for us older V's who have been through so much supporting this team! It wasn't long ago when I would go to these matches with both my son and father, yesterday neither were there, hopefully my son is able to return one day! The after match celebration at Rhino was classic, I had a chance to meet in person so many V's who I have only chatted with on here as well as catching up with some who had travelled, thanks to all who organized everything your dedication is appreciated! A special thanks to @Hammer who gave me a lift home from the GO station, we caught the last train out and local transit was done!

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I don't really want to be that guy, but is there any sort of brand protection on "The Voyageurs" name?

Possibly, depends on whether the membership/not-for-profit entity of the Voyageurs has been registered/incorporated, but I am not sure what the status of that is.

In the meantime, I think we need an upgraded version of this song & video: