WCQ: Canada vs Jamaica - Sunday, March 27, 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific - Toronto

6 minutes ago, Meepmeep said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the CP summary of the media scrums today confirmed no Leon Bailey. 

Yeah but they still have Michail Antonio unless he's not there either and then you have Shamar Nicholson and Gray right?

With no Bailey and Lowe suspended the remainder of the roster consists of 2 MLS players, 1 from League 1, 1 A league, and 3 from the Championship (1 being the backup goalie). The remained is USL level or lower. Needing only 1 point this is about as confident as getting a result I have felt the entire Octagon.

2 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Dumb question: What's the COVID entry requirement (if any) for the match tomorrow? I looked through the info linked through the tickets but it was just examples of stuff a venue *could* ask for, without saying what BMO Field *would* ask for.

Nothing, Correct me if im wrong

13 hours ago, ensco said:

It's that wind forecast that has my attention. 30kms gusting to 50kms.

BMO is brutal when the wind is blowing like that, you have to keep it on the ground,  any ball in the air is likely going awry, or out of play. Unless it winds up in the net (TFC fans might remember Nick Labrocca, on a very windy day, crossing from the touch line years ago, and having the ball sail into the far corner...)

I can't ever remember it being both below zero AND windy like that at that same time.  Don't quite know what to expect, other than not a lot of goals, I guess.

Wind will be funneling in from the NW, that is toward the V's end (not off the lake). Don't know how much that affects things but definite advantage to who attacks to the V's end.

Dress warm and wear gloves, all. Better more layers than less.

Edited by weathermanfran

On 3/25/2022 at 9:03 AM, BearcatSA said:

Probably start Hoillet for this one but I stiil believe that he's best for us off the bench. 

omg YES x 2022!  yes yes yes yas!  absolutely start JR this match!  boys who choose their future wearing the red with us instead of their past deserve this moment.  JH: pleeeeeease put this guy in your starting xi and let him lead out tm!

if only simeon jackson was still around.....

download fdasfds.gif

oh... and if there is ANY truth to that GoT sword being used to knight atiba after the match, its up to you V's.  the CSA are incompetent and can only be trusted to screw things up.  if this sword legend is to become a heritage canada moment, itll be entirely up to you V's to make it happen tm.  do it boys.  wish i could be there.  gcg!

oh... sorry again!  and i really want fraser to start tm too.  i had it bookmarked in my head that if they boys failed for 2022, it would have been b/c of that miss of his in kingston.  the boy knows it and he needs a chance for redemption.  make it happen JH.  i know you know what im talking about

MAK: you are benched until your redemption chance comes up.

People have waited 36 years...I have waited almost 32 years well 31 years about to be 32 next month so basically my whole life for Canadian soccer to get to this point. Almost as the finish line. All we need is a win or a draw and we should be qualifying for Qatar. I can't wait.

Took us our whole lives to get to this point but for others it took them decades to see Canada back on the world stage but not only do we get to experience them in 2022 but in 2026 we are hosting and for future World Cups, Canada can become a mainstay in CONCACAF especially with it expanding to 48 as of 2026

9 hours ago, Meepmeep said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the CP summary of the media scrums today confirmed no Leon Bailey. 

"The whole country is playing (Sunday). Not only us," says Stephen Eustaquio.

Damn, this kid must have a camera in my living room spying on me. Surely, he has seen me kick, head and tackle imaginary balls as I scream, " You see this is the way it's done."

Edited by Sal333