WCQ: Canada vs Jamaica - Sunday, March 27, 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific - Toronto

58 minutes ago, Canadamnt said:

Scott Kennedy has been terrific every Canada match he has played! Why did they play Atiba as CB over him?

54 minutes ago, gator said:

I hope it was because he is recovering from a slight knock because if it was tactical JH needs to rethink this!

The game plan seemed obvious to me and was perfect.

Before we went down a man and a goal we were going to basically just sit back and hold possession. Costa Rica needed a goal/win so as the game went on they would be forced to press our back line and we would free up space for our quick players.

They didn’t want to press our back line so we would have taken them off their game. If not for the red I think it would have paid dividends eventually, you could tell we were starting to control the match. 

This won’t be the game plan in Toronto of course. I expect we’re going to play 4 at the back and overload wide areas. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

23 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The game plan seemed obvious to me and was perfect.

Before we went down a man and a goal we were going to basically just sit back and hold possession. Costa Rica needed a goal/win so as the game went on they would be forced to press our back line and we would free up space for our quick players.

They didn’t want to press our back line so we would have taken them off their game. If not for the red I think it would have paid dividends eventually, you could tell we were starting to control the match. 

This won’t be the game plan in Toronto of course. I expect we’re going to play 4 at the back and overload wide areas. 

We were rattled for a good part of the first half, we didn't get much control or even have possession in their half and we were fortunate not to be down a goal, the unfortunate thing is we were just coming into the match before Kaye got sent off! Atiba was good when we were chasing the game at the end but almost gifted them a 2nd goal by a misplaced back header, I am not a fan in playing players out of position unless it is an emergency, too many left footed CB's is not an emergency to me!

13 minutes ago, gator said:

We were rattled for a good part of the first half, we didn't get much control or even have possession in their half and we were fortunate not to be down a goal, the unfortunate thing is we were just coming into the match before Kaye got sent off! Atiba was good when we were chasing the game at the end but almost gifted them a 2nd goal by a misplaced back header, I am not a fan in playing players out of position unless it is an emergency, too many left footed CB's is not an emergency to me!

You’re right but we didn’t need possession in their half. We could keep the ball all day between our midfield 3 and back 5. We had spells of possession where our Canada section was actually starting the ole chant. Laryea and Buchanan were getting space down the wings and a goal was coming. If they didn’t score before the half we would have won that game.

I'm sure I'm probably the 100th person to be thinking this but, I feel like making a vlog Sunday capturing the entire day from pre-game bus arrival to post-game celebrations (IF it happens). But I've never made a vlog before 😂😂

Edit: And by vlog I don't mean like filming my own reactions of things lmaoo but more so just a compilation of clips from all the scenes (without any music).

Edited by Ally McCoist

9 hours ago, pod818 said:

Just watching the JJDTV preview for the Jamaica game on YouTube and the Jamaican pundit he always has on seemed to be quite certain that Leon Bailey and Morrison both wouldn't travel to Canada for the game. They were probably the 2 best players for them in the last game. 

He seemed to have direct info on Bailey, whereas with Morrison he seemed to base it off the fact he couldn’t get into the states. 

17 hours ago, TOCanada115 said:

Lol, Morrison is awful. Big name 8 years ago, but no where closer to a difference maker. The other 2 I agree with. We need to put a ! on this campaign. A hefty win against Jamaica would do the trick. 

He obviously never lived up to the hype but he’s apparently having a very solid season in the Championship. Consistent starter for a solid team (disregard the big points deduction) with 3 goals and 3 assists.

13 hours ago, pod818 said:

Just watching the JJDTV preview for the Jamaica game on YouTube and the Jamaican pundit he always has on seemed to be quite certain that Leon Bailey and Morrison both wouldn't travel to Canada for the game. They were probably the 2 best players for them in the last game. 

If true, their starting XI is going to be absolutely dire. Hopefully we dominate the match and get plenty of early subs in too.

My Canada XI against Jamaica (4-2-3-1)

GK- Milan Borjan

LB- Samuel Adekugbe 

CB- Kamal Miller 

CB- Scott Kennedy 

RB- Ritchie Laryea 

CDM- Stephen Eustaquio 

CDM- Atiba Hutchinson 

LW- Junior Hoilett

CAM- Jonathan David 

RW- Tajon Buchanan 

CF- Cyle Larin 

Please please please please let it snow.  Around the 85 minute mark as the lads see out another victory.  Big, fluffy, dry flakes dancing in the breeze.

Done everything else in style these qualifiers so why stop now?  

It's that wind forecast that has my attention. 30kms gusting to 50kms.

BMO is brutal when the wind is blowing like that, you have to keep it on the ground,  any ball in the air is likely going awry, or out of play. Unless it winds up in the net (TFC fans might remember Nick Labrocca, on a very windy day, crossing from the touch line years ago, and having the ball sail into the far corner...)

I can't ever remember it being both below zero AND windy like that at that same time.  Don't quite know what to expect, other than not a lot of goals, I guess.

Edited by ensco

I need help figuring some things out. 

I cant find this any where online

1. What health checks are going on at BMO. Do we need a vaccine passport? I know that MLSE has eliminated All protocols. But  ot sure of it applies to non MLSE teams. Ticketmaster says there are healthcheks but can't find any.

2. Does anyone know when gates open? I was there for the Panama game and it was pandemonium to get in. I want to figure out when to get there. I was thinking between 2  to 3.

Thanks guys!

15 minutes ago, Vasi said:

1. What health checks are going on at BMO. Do we need a vaccine passport? I know that MLSE has eliminated All protocols. But  ot sure of it applies to non MLSE teams. Ticketmaster says there are healthcheks but can't find any.

No

15 minutes ago, Vasi said:

2. Does anyone know when gates open? I was there for the Panama game and it was pandemonium to get in. I want to figure out when to get there. I was thinking between 2  to 3.

2:30 gates will open

1 hour ago, Ally McCoist said:

Stupid question but are portable phone chargers allowed to be brought in to BMO (the ones that are small enough to fit in your pocket)?

Should be fine.  They don't usually check very closely - especially in the cold with all the layers.