WCQ: Canada vs Jamaica - Sunday, March 27, 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific - Toronto

11 minutes ago, chalms04 said:

A "life-sized" statue? Nah, we're going to have to scale that up to 110%.

You are aware that public statuary has a long history of oversized distortion? Most know about hands being extra large, because if they are real size they look exceptionally small.

Just mentioning this as you are right, of course, he is a bit short--anyone see how when Borjan douses him with champagne, he drops his head into KJs shoulder, like a kid. Odd.

But most figurative public statuary in the Western tradition is oversized.

We probably won't do a statue for any of these guys, but some should be getting a civic centre gym or field in their home town, I am sure it is coming regardless.

Yesterday was such a fun day.  It was freezing cold – and not a great time to learn that one of my winter boots somehow attracts and absorbs any nearby groundwater – but just about manageable.  Props to my kid for braving the weather, not getting frostbite and appreciating that the pre and post-match festivities are key elements of a great day out.  

Arrived early and left late.  Was good to meet and catch up with some Vs at the bus arrival – though it was so packed that we didn’t even catch a glimpse of the Canadian players.  The match was fantastic and the post-match at the Rhino was a blast.  It was great to catch up with local Vs and others that I’ve met in Toronto or on the road in Cuba and Orlando. 

And I made sure that I wasn’t leaving the bar before I got to meet @El Hombre in person.  5/7 – would recommend. 

1 hour ago, zeelaw said:

Awesome photo I found for those who want to save or frame etc.

FO4_Xi1X0A07KYS?format=jpg&name=large

This is on the second (or third?) page of The Star today. I grabbed two copies.

EDIT: After checking it again it's actually the photo on the front page of the Sports section. There was so much Canada content it was difficult to remember off the top of my head

Edited by CCrTFC

I know I'm late to the party.  But its been a crazy 24 hours since qualifying to Qatar.  What an atmosphere and so proud that I was able to witness history in person.  Incredible performance by every one of our players last night.

Borjan - Did not have to do much but fitting that he got a shutout.  Distribution was decent considering the the wind was a factor in the first half.  Also, based on his interview with Sid Seixero alongside Atiba, it sounds like Borjan has every intention of staying for 2026.

Henry - Looked quite comfortable and I never once felt too worried with him out there.  He did get turned on the lone Jamaica shot on goal.  Happy with his performances during this campaign aside from a shaky game vs Mexico.

Kennedy - Looked very solid again.  Very happy with his addition to this program during this campaign.

Laryea - Was very good.  Nothing exceptional like on Thursday but still very solid.

Adekugbe - Unreal performance once again.  I can't imagine him staying in Turkey for very long if he keeps this up.

Eustaquio - Unreal performance as well.  Commanded that midfield perfectly and was every where on the pitch breaking up plays.  Incredible in transition and provided some great goal scoring opportunities.  His quote after the game was something special as well.

Osorio - He just continues to play at an exceptional level for our men's program.  Although, he didn't stand out yesterday.  Based on his play for Canada, it amazes me that he has never played in Europe and he's almost 30 years old.

Hoilett - Another man of the match candidate alongside Eustaquio, Adekugbe and Buchanan.  He brings something so much different that any other player we have.  His through passing and creativity are incredible.  Never a doubt to start him as he always comes out against Jamaica.

Buchanan - Another stellar performance from Tajon.  He should have had a hat trick but a goal and assist isn't a bad outing at all.

Larin - Great to see him add to his Qualification tally but could have scored a couple more.  Once thing that really stood out for me is that he could have had 3 assists himself if Tajon & David had finished a couple opportunities.

David - Not his best performance but still was great linking up in our attack.

Atiba - LEGEND - that is all

Johnston - Typical Johnston performance.  Not much to do defensively to end the game.

Cavallini - Did well enough.  Perhaps should have scored that tight range shot.  Had a nice volley as well.

Fraser - Continues to look like he belongs every time he is out there.

Miller - Nice cameo to be on the pitch for the final whistle.

21 hours ago, devioustrevor said:

My biggest regret tonight is there were no physical tickets to keep as a proof of having been at BMO Field tonight.

Announced crowd in the stadium was 29,112  Somehow I expect in 10 years time there will be over a million people claiming to have been at tonight's game.

At least I got the rally towel for proof I guess.