WCQ: Canada vs Jamaica - Sunday, March 27, 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific - Toronto

Worst performance of the day goes to the BMO stadium announcer, who twice announced that Jonathan David was wearing number 22 (while also saying twice that Laryea was wearing number 22….you’d think he’d notice at least once that he was saying two players had the same number), said that smoking was not prohibited in the stadium, and best of all, announced former Toronto Maple Leaf Jason Blake was starting in goal for Jamaica. 

Next time give the stadium mike to Richie F-bomb Laryea!

3 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

I was also feeling bad for Jamaica and then I thought about the last 30 odd years of failed qualifications where we went into hostile territory to be the fucking Washington Generals to someone else's party. And right around Junior's goal I just seemed to get over it.

IMG-20220327-WA0006.jpg

I am the same way for 36 years I have had to see other CONCACAF nations  get a lot of glory while we were almost laughed at . Ive seen the Americans , Mexico, and Honduras,get a lot of favourable calls in matches against us, while Mr Corruption Jack Warner and his fat ass American side kick  just do nothing about it and collect a lot of dirty money, So this day is a big FU to all of CONCACAF 

4 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

I was also feeling bad for Jamaica and then I thought about the last 30 odd years of failed qualifications where we went into hostile territory to be the fucking Washington Generals to someone else's party. And right around Junior's goal I just seemed to get over it.

IMG-20220327-WA0006.jpg

And you use your empties as lighting fixtures? 

I think that is called "cradle-to-cradle".

5 hours ago, devioustrevor said:

My biggest regret tonight is there were no physical tickets to keep as a proof of having been at BMO Field tonight.

1) I'm also a fan of collecting game tickets.

2) Not a regret as such, but it is bizarre that in previous matches at BMO Field I recall more French being used. They could have included at least a single "merci" or "félicitations" in that congratulations ceremony for David/Piette/Crépeau/Koné etc..

7 hours ago, SirBobsaget said:

No Andre Blake is his name, Jason Blake was a hockey player free agent that the Leafs signed on a big contract after he put up a 40 goal season. He then was mediocre for the remainder of the contract as was Leafs tradition in the 2008 to 201? years.

That’s what I thought too, but apparently, it’s also Andre’s middle name, and that’s how he was listed on the Spanish feed that I was watching …

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Blake

7 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Worst performance of the day goes to the BMO stadium announcer, who twice announced that Jonathan David was wearing number 22 (while also saying twice that Laryea was wearing number 22….you’d think he’d notice at least once that he was saying two players had the same number), said that smoking was not prohibited in the stadium, and best of all, announced former Toronto Maple Leaf Jason Blake was starting in goal for Jamaica. 

Next time give the stadium mike to Richie F-bomb Laryea!

Ok - so I'm not going crazy -- I kept hearing him say 22 also, but under so many layers I thought maybe it was my hearing--- I was like "huh"?? Now I know it was a mistake he kept repeating.

I didn't want to post it last night to kill the buzz (and I know it doesn't really matter) but I figure a bit of constructive criticism is okay at this point.

Was anyone else a tinge frustrated for the early part of the game?  I know we had solid possession throughout and that the final score ended up being a very good win for us, but for much the first half I was a bit frustrated.  On multiple occasions we gave the ball away with some careless passing and there were multiple times where we couldn't bury clear cut chances.  My buddy and I were half-joking that better teams in the WC will punish us if we make those sorts of mistakes in Qatar.  In terms of our finishing, I don't know what our XG was in the first half, but it seems like we must have executed below that level after not finishing a lot of our good chances.

Anywho, not trying to be negative.   Amazing night.  I just know that at different times in the first half we were thinking that the score could have been 4 or 5 nil at halftime.

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I didn't want to post it last night to kill the buzz (and I know it doesn't really matter) but I figure a bit of constructive criticism is okay at this point.

Was anyone else a tinge frustrated for the early part of the game?  I know we had solid possession throughout and that the final score ended up being a very good win for us, but for much the first half I was a bit frustrated.  On multiple occasions we gave the ball away with some careless passing and there were multiple times where we couldn't bury clear cut chances.  My buddy and I were half-joking that better teams in the WC will punish us if we make those sorts of mistakes in Qatar.  In terms of our finishing, I don't know what our XG was in the first half, but it seems like we must have executed below that level after not finishing a lot of our good chances.

Anywho, not trying to be negative.   Amazing night.  I just know that at different times in the first half we were thinking that the score could have been 4 or 5 nil at halftime.

I agree with you but I chalked that up to age. You remove Hoillet, and Atiba (forget Milan is not a field player) and you probably have one of the youngest teams that will play at Qatar.  Give them another 8 months of games against 3 or 4 FIFA powerhouses and more club games and you'll see a vast improvement. These guys have just learned to walk. They'll be sprinting once November comes around.

Edited by Sal333

54 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I think part of it was the team adjusting to the conditions. I  am not sure if that is entirely preventable

7 minutes ago, shortofbrillant said:

I think part of it was the team adjusting to the conditions. I  am not sure if that is entirely preventable

Agreed.  Some sloppy passing for sure, but anyone at the game could see the ball bouncing awkwardly on that frozen pitch.

Not sure if anyone commented about this in this thread - but the lineups were ridiculous again. Without the vaccine passport checks I assumed it would be reasonable time to get in. I was in line at 315 and didn't get to my seat until 4:05. Lots of people didnt get to their seat until later in the first half. 

3 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Not sure if anyone commented about this in this thread - but the lineups were ridiculous again. Without the vaccine passport checks I assumed it would be reasonable time to get in. I was in line at 315 and didn't get to my seat until 4:05. Lots of people didnt get to their seat until later in the first half. 

Ya, they had a staffing level at the entrances appropriate for maybe 15 000.

It was REALLY slow.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

9 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Which gates are you going in? There's good gates and bad ones at BMO. Try using the one on the northside closest to the train station. Even for the Panama game it was quick. 

Was a special day at BMO yesterday. Enjoyed seeing the number of Jamaican-Canadians at the game with Jamaica and Canada flags and red gear.

Hard to believe the same stadium was at the risk of a takeover by away fans a little under a year ago.

Edited by BigMo

16 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I don’t disagree but the big hold up where I entered was the people trying to bring a weeks worth of crap with them.  Not to mention the people that “forgot” they had their keys in their coat pocket and held us all up by going through the metal detector multiple times before remembering. 
Take your wallet keys and phone out. Put them on the table with your flag.   Walk through.  Pick up your stuff. Should be easy. 

End of rant.