SSS at Woodbine 8000 seats

Obinna

3 hours ago, VinceA said:

They've spoken with the CSA about this being a permanent training centre for Canada Soccer.

Like the CSA's very own Clairefontaine!

https://www.cnf-clairefontaine.com/le-centre/

which is 57km from central Paris.

but I guess this is better because despite the difficulties the Centre will have from November to mid-April due to the climate, it's only 20km or so from the heart of Canadian soccer: Brampton.

3 hours ago, Califax said:

Halifax shares a ground with horses too. 

The league is in the pocket of "big horse" 

I'm convinced half the 5 and under kids at the Wanderers games have a better chance of becoming world class equestrians 😄than world class soccer players.  If there are people out riding they're more interested in that than the game.

3 hours ago, red card said:

Should add that Woodbine's CEO is part owner of Hamilton Sports Group (ownership of Ti-Cats, Forge, THF).

I thought of that as well.  He is a big CFL guy, IIRC he was interim commissioner on two occasions.  I think he is also the father of the lovely Brodie.

On 3/23/2022 at 4:49 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

then Ferrol

That's my dad's hometown team, he used to go to games as a kid before his family moved to T.O.

As for the Fraser Valley, there are a lot of "decent to good" location options, but not a ton of "great to perfect" spots. But it still blows my mind that there aren't plans for a SSS somewhere around here yet.