Saturday night events in Toronto

Califax

3 hours ago, Califax said:

Anything planned for the night before?

The only thing "planned" so far is my arrival in town late afternoon and 2am drunken shouting at strangers about how Rob Friend is the greatest goddamn striker this country has ever seen.

Everything between those two events is still up in the air.

28 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

The only thing "planned" so far is my arrival in town late afternoon and 2am drunken shouting at strangers about how Rob Friend is the greatest goddamn striker this country has ever seen.

Everything between those two events is still up in the air.

Hot take!

I'm trying to think of a central downtown place, thats good but not too popular and won't give us food poisoning. 

The crappier it is, the more likely more voyageurs will be able to come in. 

Turns out a lot of those places closed during the pandemic. 

Decent bet to me would be something in Union Station area since Raps start at 7:30 so everyone will clear out.  Just to the southeast you have a couple of meh bars (The Fox and Firkin on Harbour).  If you go a bit east its Esplanade which will likely be a bit more full (the return of Shoeless Joes, Bier Market, Scotland Yard etc).  I think north will be busy still because its Leafs/Habs in Montreal so places like the Jack Astor's etc will be pretty packed.

I'll be at the game but happy to join up after wherever people end up.

20 hours ago, theaub said:

Decent bet to me would be something in Union Station area since Raps start at 7:30 so everyone will clear out.  Just to the southeast you have a couple of meh bars (The Fox and Firkin on Harbour).  If you go a bit east its Esplanade which will likely be a bit more full (the return of Shoeless Joes, Bier Market, Scotland Yard etc).  I think north will be busy still because its Leafs/Habs in Montreal so places like the Jack Astor's etc will be pretty packed.

I'll be at the game but happy to join up after wherever people end up.

Esplanade is a great idea actually.

I'm hoping to be able to meet up with local and travelling Vs alike.  There are many of you that I haven't met in person over the decades.  

I have another event on Saturday evening, but hope to join up with you all later in the evening if something gets organized.  

Front/Esplanade area between Yonge/Church has several potential options.  Preferably somewhere with a good standing/bar area.  

• Biermarkt / Goose Island at Esplanade/Church is of a good size.  
  • There's a new Duke's Refresher at 73 Front E at Church.  
  • There's a newish Shoeless Joe's on Esplanade.
  • I like C'est What for its beer and food.  However, they don't tend to like groups - and a couple of servers don't particularly like customers in general.  

Not sure which, if any, would be a good option for a group on Saturday night.  

Edited by sstackho

17 hours ago, sstackho said:

I'm hoping to be able to meet up with local and travelling Vs alike.  There are many of you that I haven't met in person over the decades.  

I have another event on Saturday evening, but hope to join up with you all later in the evening if something gets organized.  

Front/Esplanade area between Yonge/Church has several potential options.  Preferably somewhere with a good standing/bar area.  

• I like C'est What for its beer and food.  However, they don't tend to like groups - and a couple of servers don't particularly like customers in general.  

Or a good place I would suggest is Beertown Restaurant and Bar

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of the boys at the raptors game tonight at 8pm. Maybe they’ll get their own box or be personal guests of Drake or something

Maybe we’ll see an announcement on the scoreboard a la Edmonton at the oilers game

Edited by pod818

On 3/25/2022 at 3:37 PM, sstackho said:

I chose Shoeless Joe's for no particular reason at all.  Fair bit of space here.