WCQ: Costa Rica vs Canada - Thursday, March 24, 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific - San José

1 minute ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Among the more surreal developments, career soccer hater Bob McCown admitted on his podcast that he's become a huge fan of the team and has been following every game throughout this round.

I welcome all late comers.

Except that guy.  Heard him shit all over soccer one time and never tuned in again.

On 3/21/2022 at 6:41 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Just to be accurate, acc to the link I posted: he reffed our 4-0 over Martinique in the 2019 Gold Cup. Soccerway, ugh.

The link you posted says it was him but CONCACAF say that the Martinique match was refed by another guy IVÁN BARTON

https://www.concacaf.com/en/gold-cup/game-details?matchid=568640

---

I've updated the first post, thank you @Ally McCoist , @narduch @Unnamed Trialist and others for the info.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, trc2014 said:

Al is famous

I did not grow up with soccer in my household, likely did not even know the Canadian national team in anyway. I grew up with baseball , the Blue Jays were my team, I will never forget the night they won the World Series in 1992 and all the happiness it brought. Soccer did not come into my life in any real way until TFC came to town. I can truly appreciated what tonight means for those that have followed this team through thick and thin. Enjoy the night its yours, but in many ways this is a new era, one the entire country will get behind.