WCQ: Costa Rica vs Canada - Thursday, March 24, 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific - San José

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

That was disgusting from Venegas.

Honestly, it was just cliche more than anything and taking advantage of a mentally weak opponent. 

The replay at halftime with the crew broken it down really well. Kaye was angry about a play, started jawing at the guy, walked right towards him, and (arguably) leaned in with his shoulder, while on a yellow. I mean, under the circumstances …. Lots of guys will take the chance to get you carded.

Falling for that, Mark Anthony probably plays 3 card monte on the subway and signs up with door-to-door water heater salesman.

4 minutes ago, jonovision said:

You can't push a guy with your chest.

You surely can according to the definition. 

"exert force on (someone or something), typically with one's hand, in order to move them away from oneself or the origin of the force."

* Not always.

Canada still getting chances.  Eustaquio was incredible in the first half but a slow start to this half.  I thought Laryea played great as well.  They both came with something to prove tonight.

Unfortunate for Kaye.  Lucky to stay on after his first yellow and really dumb play on the 2nd yellow.  But he has been important for us this campaign and I don't think we should be putting him down so well.  He isn't in my starting midfield though and he may not be in Herdman's in the future either.

3 minutes ago, vancanman said:

Yes, Kaye's a moron, as I said (or was an idiot?) but it's still CONCACAFy that that Vargas arsehole or whatever his name is can flop like that and get someone sent off.

For sure. But like I said earlier, if it was another Canadian, it's probably not even a card. 

But Kaye was on thin ice and kept taking the bait. The ref was just done with him. 

I don't like what the Costa Rica player did, but I don't blame him either. He knew that was their chance to win this game and out themselves in a big position to qualify.