WCQ: Costa Rica vs Canada - Thursday, March 24, 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific - San José

Just now, footballfreak said:

The sad thing is Kaye had a really bright start to the season in MLS. Two goals already. I’m not prepared to say he should be off the plane to Qatar, but Herdman must be looking for alternatives.

Maybe this opens up an opportunity for someone like Alphonso Davies to make our 23 man squad?

1 minute ago, Hawkguy said:

For sure it was but did we expect different? Costa Rica is fighting for their World Cup lives. That gives them a huge advantage and better chance to win with an easier schedule than Panama going forward. 

If they can bait a player on a yellow (that should have already been sent off), they're going to do it. 

I’m not disagreeing. Kaye made a bad decision to get involved in anything while being on a yellow. 

Defender played smart by reading the room and milking it. 

1 minute ago, gwsmith63 said:

I’m not disagreeing. Kaye made a bad decision to get involved in anything while being on a yellow. 

If it was any other Canadian, it might not even be yellow. But Kaye already had a VAR check foul, plus a push on the sidelines, and then that push. The ref gave him so many chances. 

1 minute ago, gwsmith63 said:

He was left of the hook on the first challenge, then instead of staying on the down low he shoulders a player after a whistle. It was so stupid. Whats the point