WCQ: Costa Rica vs Canada - Thursday, March 24, 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific - San José

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

This is very interesting. Looks like a four at the back with Alistair and Miller as the two CB’s, and Laryea/Tajon as the full-backs. Probably the most attacking XI of WCQ. Have to think injuries played a big factor Let's bring it and get that all important first goal.

1 minute ago, Cblake said:

This is very interesting. Looks like a four at the back with Alistair and Miller as the two CB’s, and Laryea/Tajon as the full-backs. Probably the most attacking XI of WCQ. Have to think injuries played a big factor Let's bring it and get that all important first goal.

That's the likelier possibility than Atiba at CB, though Wheeler claims the latter is the case. We'll see!

Edit: Honestly playing Atiba as a CB in a back 3 doesn't seem any crazier than Johnston in the middle of a back 4.

Edited by jonovision

1 minute ago, Cblake said:

I will go on record as saying I m not a fan if this is the gameplan tonight - unless it was absolutely forced on us by injury.  Cornelius?  Call in someone else?  Man - odd time to get uber-experimental.

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I would think Atiba at CB is more likely.  Anchoring a back 3 with wingbacks generally playing more defensive (for 5 in mainly defence)?

9 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I'm not worried, just confused.

I'm worried.

Last time I remember Atiba playing CB was when we played Mexico at the 2019 Gold Cup and lost 3-1.

He looked slow and the whole thing didn't work that well.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille