WCQ: Costa Rica vs Canada - Thursday, March 24, 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific - San José

5 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I don't think Kaye played well and the initial yellow was reckless, but people should be talking about how Venegas went down in a heap.

It would have been perfectly plausible for him to be booked for simulation. The second yellow was harsh.  

These guys have played in Concacaf at different age levels for years and should know better, this is nothing new and he has to keep his shit together, absolutely no excuse for that 2nd yellow as embarrassing as the simulation was, there was contact, he had no business going anywhere near him!

2 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

We all know that. 

But play stupid games and get stupid prizes. You’re not going to change the nature of CONCACAF just cause you’re morally opposed to it. 

Yea but that's not what I'm saying. That shouldn't have been a yellow, even within the normal Concacaf shithousery. That was a referring error full stop.

1 minute ago, Corazon said:

He's had a few minor scares during this qualification but your right, this was almost the "old Borjan".  I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt though because we are nowhere near qualifying for Qatar without him during this campaign.

He has been crucial in many Ocho matches but tonight wasn't his best performance, as @jonovision has pointed out.

5 minutes ago, SirBobsaget said:

Ya and you idiots downvoting will see how MAK will not be trusted going forward. This board is a waste of time. You all don't understand anything., MAK is not going to be featuring going forwards, book that. 

Then go back to reddit.

8 minutes ago, Soccerkeeper said:

How can't we not have qualified if Costa Rica tied us with out +11 goal differential. Why does Sportsnet not say we qualified?

Because mathematically Canada can still fall to 4th . if Canada loses the last two games by big scores and Costa Rica wins the last two games by big scores , however , then the US’s goal differential can take a hit too because they play in Costa Rica in their last game . I mean a lot of goals would have to be conceded by Canada and Costa Rica would have to probably score a few too . 

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

Remember when Buchanan scored against the run of play against Mexico in the Gold Cup?  

Get ready.

It's coming.

Any minute now....

Here it comes....

54 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaany minute now....

44 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Get ready...

37 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Here it comes, I still believe....

There's still time.....

We looked a bit rusty in the first half, though there were signs we were finding our form, linking some nice passes together, starting to take control of the game...until the second (silly) yellow from MAK.  

Second half we were damned impressive. Costa Rica was slow and mostly useless and invited danger by sitting back so much. They could not keep the ball.  A cross bar, a post, and a couple of close chances, but even though we could not find the net, we grew into the game, controlled the second half, and started to find our mojo. Bodes well for the next two games.  

What I wanted most was for the team to learn something about itself today, and I think we did that.  We will grow from this.

Also: Costa Rica is not really in our league anymore.

Let's get the job done on Sunday, at home!!

Just now, frmr said:

Yea but that's not what I'm saying. That shouldn't have been a yellow, even within the normal Concacaf shithousery. That was a referring error full stop.

In terms of ridiculous CONCACAF things that call doesn’t even make the top 100.

Kaye was pissed, jawing at the opposite team, walked directly in the other dude’s direction, knew he was going to run into the Costa Rica player at some level. All on the road, while on a yellow in a critical game.

I’m sorry man, but this is like going to the worst neighbourhood in town and leaving your wallet on the park bench. There is no crying about it. You’re at fault for being conned so easily. 

Just now, footballfreak said:

Parting thought on the logic behind the selection today.

If Vitoria wasn’t even dressed tonight, there is zero chance he starts Sunday. The plan was probably a repeat of Jamaica away: Henry and Cornelius pair in a back 4 with Adekugbe and one of Laryea/Johnston. 

Vitoria was dressed (they even showed him in uniform on the bench) but I think you're probably still right.

8 minutes ago, frmr said:

Then go back to reddit.

Agreed its really dumb, wish I hadn't bothered posting my frustrations. Was only venting but got a lot of backlash not its actually doubly affected me cause Canada lost and a bunch of fellow supporters ridiculed me for being upset.