WCQ: Costa Rica vs Canada - Thursday, March 24, 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific - San José

4 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

Sleep? What sleep, I need to be up at 5 AM to cheer on Australia!

It’s been a while since I’ve looked over the Pot 3 possibilities. Seems to me with a quick glance that Australia qualifying 2nd in the group and knocking Japan out would move us into Pot 3 with 3 wins, right?

18 minutes ago, archer21 said:

It’s been a while since I’ve looked over the Pot 3 possibilities. Seems to me with a quick glance that Australia qualifying 2nd in the group and knocking Japan out would move us into Pot 3 with 3 wins, right?

Correct. Australia needs to win today, then match Japan's result and stay ahead on goal difference, which could be tough given Japan has Vietnam while they have Saudi Arabia. Though they do have the advantage of playing their match after Japan has, and at least a 4 goal head start.

Edited by Miche

20 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

Herdman always talks about 'the science'. Every decision made by Herdman is calculated in some way. I'm not surprised if the black kits is something grounded in science as well.

Absolutely, I had the same thought first time I saw them.  This is Herdman and his team calculating every single detail.

1 minute ago, ESG Shawn said:

Is today the day? 

I've been waiting for this day my entire life. Usually, I'd be a bundle of nerves, but there is a strange calmness and confidence. 

Let's gooooooooo!

I always envisioned qualifying as a 'must-win' type of thing not a 'how controversial of a take is it to say I want to see them qualify at home' type of thing.  

Way calmer than usual. Get back to me in 12 hours though.

1 minute ago, theaub said:

I always envisioned qualifying as a 'must-win' type of thing not a 'how controversial of a take is it to say I want to see them qualify at home' type of thing.  

Way calmer than usual. Get back to me in 12 hours though.

I am still going to be nervous as hell until our qualification is a mathematical certainty.  

We are so close to being in the draw but I am still nervous as hell, I want this done tonight so we need to win or draw or the US to lose at Azteca or Panama to drop points, I think there is a good chance one of those things happens! If the unthinkable happens and we lose and US wins at Azteca Sunday will be a nervy match day, I want it to be a relaxed celebration of qualification at BMO!

18 hours ago, cdub said:

Hey all!

Not sure where to post this so doing it here. 

Any chance someone has a XL jersey or team Canada T shirt I can borrow or buy?

I didn’t bring mine with me as I’ve been down here for eight months, and the one I ordered online is held up in Customs and won’t make it in time.

I want to represent in full colours!

16481359821401575874058434074666.jpg

8 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

It was a privilege to be a part of that!

I am so envious to everyone who was able to make it, I had this tripped planned right when the Octo schedule was released but unfortunately serious family health matters have kept me home! I'll be cheering from home and be in the house for the celebration match Sunday at BMO!

1 minute ago, gator said:

I am so envious to everyone who was able to make it, I had this tripped planned right when the Octo schedule was released but unfortunately serious family health matters have kept me home! I'll be cheering from home and be in the house for the celebration match Sunday at BMO!

All the best to you and your family. We'll rep for you!