Jacen Russell-Rowe

Dominic94

2024 CCC results in games between Liga MX and MLS teams.

Liga MX won 10, MLS won 2 (both Columbus over Monterrey), 5 draws. Champions from Liga MX.

2023 CCC results.

Liga MX won 2, MLS won 1, 3 draws. Champions from Liga MX.

2022 CCC results.

Liga MX won 3, MLS won 4, 3 draws. Champions from MLS.

Personally I do think the two leagues have gotten quite close to each other in quality. I would still give the slight edge to Liga MX. I don't think the early season advantage they get in CCC is as big as the home field advantage that MLS gets in Leagues Cup. Neither are perfect, but as has been said, MLS asked for the timing of the CCC so they can't really use it as an excuse. One competition is for finding the best team in the region, the other is for making the most money possible. I put more importance on the one looking for the best team in the region.

14 minutes ago, Shway said:

Only because of where it falls. CCC is essentially an aggressive preseason.

The Leagues cup is the same for Liga MX teams while being completely away and a fake competition created to be a F U to all the smaller Concacaf nations who voted to keep the CCL prize pool low so that they may have more than a trickle of money go towards their federations.

6 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

The Leagues cup is the same for Liga MX teams while being completely away and a fake competition created to be a F U to all the smaller Concacaf nations who voted to keep the CCL prize pool low so that they may have more than a trickle of money go towards their federations.

I agree. It's all bullshit, and it's exactly what @narduch said. 

I hate the existing tournament, I'm only interested when CPL teams are playing.

The CCC finals or whatever should be happening when the Leagues Cup is.

10 minutes ago, Shway said:

I agree. It's all bullshit, and it's exactly what @narduch said. 

I hate the existing tournament, I'm only interested when CPL teams are playing.

The CCC finals or whatever should be happening when the Leagues Cup is.

CCC should start in early March and run until November. 

It's nuts that they compress into 3-4 months basically. 

7 hours ago, Kent said:

And yet America didn't get to play any at home out of their 3 games, but Columbus played all 5 in their home stadium. So much for earning it.

That's the allure of the mighty dollar. All games played in US or Canada. 

He's earned more playing time and If not with Columbus then they have to move him. It's really unfortunate in a way, that he's been on one of the best MLS teams with high level talent at the forward positions which has prevented him from playing more. He showed at the GC and in his sub mins vs T&T that he is a smart player and is very aware of where his teammates are as the play progresses. His clinical finishing can be traced back to the U17 team that qualified for the U17WC. Still early days but I would not have predicted back then that JRR would emerge as the best player from that talented group which included Jayden, Kamron, Priso & others.

Anywho...

72 hours or so to move this window, if that's in the plans.  Not sure if he's still a Celtic target or no but a whole lot of sillyness may or may not happen the next couple of days, stay tuned.  Adding the O'Riley sale dropping another a big, fat, bag of clink onto an already overflowing Celtic warchest and we may see some flexibility from the powers that be at Parkhead.  Or not.  Tick-tock. 

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

He could score 20 in mls if he was a regular with decent service, guy needs to move to get that playing time and I’m sure it’s coming. His composure and finish is David level.

I would have argued otherwise prior to this year, but with Hernandez on 13 goals essentially blocking JRR’s path to a starting spot (despite his great results in limited minutes) I would support him going somewhere else either on loan or in a permanent move.  Dude has skills and deserves to be a starter at MLS level.